Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pulling on Boards

• 17-05-2008 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭

Is boards a good place tor couples to meet up? Is there any known cases of boardises meeting up and starting a relationship. Thing is IMO someones personality on boards could be a lot different to what they are like in the real world.
    Im the same in both by the way; intolerant, argumentative, moody, opinionated.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There are some boards babies apparently so yes boardsies do start relationships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

caoibhin wrote: »
    Is boards a good place tor couples to meet up? Is there any known cases of boardises meeting up and starting a relationship. Thing is IMO someones personality on boards could be a lot different to what they are like in the real world.

I've being told that Beers night out with Boardies is good craic, but still haven't gone to one yet. I just waiting until some hottie sends me a PM :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

If I ever tried a boards relationship I'd end up in a tub of ice in a german hotel, missing a kidney and lung and with a torn rectum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

dunno. I follow the e-thug rule - Don't say sh1t on the Internet you wouldn't do in person. My personality on boards is similar to me in the person though i might be a bit more shyer talking to someone i don't know in RL.

EDIT: Who's the noob who told kickoutthejams about my secret plan? Black market kidney sales is a tough business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

There are a few cases so it does happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I've being told that Beers night out with Boardies is good craic, but still haven't gone to one yet. I just waiting until some hottie sends me a PM :rolleyes:

On its way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

< <
    > >

...Saying nothing....except for that obviously...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Asl :D

I dont see any reason why you would hit it off with someone on the internet..I mean, we are all normal and if you hit it off with someone (aftre meeting like) then ther is nothing wrong with it. The place you first made contact is irrelevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

There are some boards babies apparently so yes boardsies do start relationships.

um don't you need wimmins to make babies

• Registered Users Posts: 49 pendude

actually, i think you need to find a person with interests like yours, if ur doing some sports then there must be a bird/bloke for you in that field!
    sure u can meet up with a person from internet, done that myself :P
    i`ve a friend who met his wife on the internet and they`re happy, V. good looking girl and a sound lad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

One half of a Boards couple checking in :)

I met my gf at a BGRH Beers.

I never really "noticed" her around Boards before we met though, nor she me, but we hit it off as soon as we met each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

DesF wrote: »

I never really "noticed" her around Boards before we met though, nor she me, but we hit it off as soon as we met each other.
    That is nice. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I was too but knew each other before Boards...don't see her around here any more..she used to be a regular too.

DesF wrote: »

Awww!

Sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

If I ever tried a boards relationship I'd end up in a tub of ice in a german hotel, missing a kidney and lung and with a torn rectum.
    LOL, I wonder who here on boards would do that to you? I can think of a few...

You know people out to get me?

please warn me who:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yes, there are definitely quite a few boards couples.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

You know people out to get me?

please warn me who:(
    Ah no, I just mean there are a few people here who'd do that to anyone they were going out with. Some of them probably keep the heads of their former partners in the fridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Where do ye think i met YOREMA !!!!!!!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

apologies couldn't resist it!!!

that and i had a few!!:o

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Agamemnon wrote: »
    LOL, I wonder who here on boards would do that to you? I can think of a few...

I reckon it would be easier to draw up a list of Boardsies who wouldn't do it. Mercenary shower of bastids. :D

Advertisement