Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Christian Rock

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Is Stephen Spielberg a Nazi because he made a film about Jews in WW2? No. He told a story with some pretty grim imagery, but it doesn't mean he endorses nor committed the acts recreated in the film. It doesn't mean the people who watched the film are bad people either. Do you think George Lucas has danced with Ewoks? No. He used his imagination to tell a story. It doesn't mean the people who enjoy his movies actually believe in the Force, Wookies or Darth Vader. It just means people like to be entertained. Do all Metal bands worship Satan, drink blood from goat skulls and have 666 tattooed on their arses? No. You'll find it's possible for people, even musicians, to create a mood and atmosphere using dark lyrical content which they made up with their own imagination. For example, Tom Araya, singer of such nuggets as Hell Awaits and Angel Of Death is a practising catholic. He realises that it is possible to not literally mean everything you say, that storytelling, fiction and imagination are possible in the 21st century and that not everyone who writes a horror novel thinks all the things in their book are true, nor that everyone who stars in a horror film have killed someone and, yes, not everyone in Metal bands with dark imagery either live or believe in the lyrical content.

Essentially, it is possible to be entertained and enjoy something that isn't smiles and sunshine without being a bad or negative person.

Amazing. What a time to be alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Whats Satanic music anyway? According to Christians EVERYTHING not Christian is Satanic. Anywho its IMPOSSIBLE to talk a Christian into common sense so I'm going to leave it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Doc about time you showed up!! hahahah
    agree overall what yu say...theres no absolute all's for this and that...and thats why i think when someone asks for tunes of a certain type...just give em to him/her..no point lectturing ( as one poster did ) about what WE think when all he/she wants is a few band names agree?

bomb again i dont hate all metal and play sunshine music im a hard rock/classic rock fan always have been...i just dont enjoy the overall dark metal sound, or the nasty satanic stuff thats about,,,its just not entertaining for me...........saying that i do like a lot of sabbath always did,,, my 2 bros' both priests by the way were sabbath/rush/tull fans long before i was...so there ya go...we certainly DONT hate anything that aint christian music...indeed many the time the lads and i cringed at that folky/rock stuff christian "rock" bands came pout with...awfull stuff

anyway time for me to go back to cuckoo land..it's nice there ;)

ciao' amigos...Baggio....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭ZakAttak

Baggio wrote: »
    zak thats asssology of the worst kind and infantile garbage at best..music is art/entertainment

==>But you accept thats an art-form right?

....why make excuses for someone hating a lifestyle through music???..if it were the other way round youd be up in arms ...and what about who pissedd off who? - many metal/satanic bands have done that to countless folks over the years it aint a question of that..its a question of hating anyone because of who they are in the name of music!. thats inexcusable..

==>Lots of people had christianity forced upon them and theres lots of people who still have emotional scars they recieved when they were children as a result of the religon being shoved down their throats; thats why theres so many people who complain about it.

The Irish catholic church has committed deeds far more evil than anything done by any heavy metal band- christian or otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

its still one opinion against another,...so why bother with it...the op just wanted some names of bands,,,thats all that needs to be said!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

HB are a Finnish Christian Metal band that I came across recently. I think they're worth a listen. Their homepage is here (in Finnish) and their Myspace page is here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/devils_music.htm#cr

its a pretty intresting site alright :D

Underoath are a christian band, pretty heavy

Paramore are a band of christians (im going to get shot for mentioning them)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Extol are pretty good, not my kinda thing musically but they're good at it.

On the topic of Islamic-orientated rock, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqwacore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭ZakAttak

Undergod wrote: »
    Extol are pretty good, not my kinda thing musically but they're good at it.

On the topic of Islamic-orientated rock, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqwacore

Tanx 4 dat!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Pillar are a Christian rock band also, their newest album is pretty good, but avoid the one before it.

They have some catchy tunes and are not a preachy band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭yknaa

Often wondered if Astral Doors were deemed Christian metal. Although titles like 'Evil is forever' makes me think again! How about Cage? newish cd is called Hell Destroyer?

Advertisement