Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company of Heroes GOTY problem.

Options
  • 17-05-2008 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭

I bought the Coh GOTY edition today, it comes with Opposing Fronts also, so I end up with two different discs. I put in the GOTY cd and installed the game, I assumed this was the first company of heroes game because I didn't install using the OF disc. So after it was installed and all patches downloaded, I fired up the game to find out that only Opposing Fronts is installed and not the original ? The desktop icon is for the original CoH (which is grey) and not the expansion (which is red) but yet when I click on it and start it up, I'm playing the expansion ?

I didn't even use the OF disc !

Anyone know what the problem is ?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah when OF was released all its assets where patched into the original Company of Heroes so that people without OF could play against those who do have it. So in mutiplayer you could play OF players and play on OF maps but not play as the two new factions (Panzer Elite, British) introduced in OF.

The 2 games can't be seperated. Which ever you install just make sure you register both cd keys to unlock all the content and get yourself patched up to version 2.301. If you can play as the 4 factions (Panzer Elite, American, British, Wehrmacht) in skirmish and online mode and you have have access to 3 single player campaigns (American, Britsh, Panzer Elite) then you know your totally up to date and ready to roll. Also if you plan on playing online make sure you open port 6112 UDP in your router to ensure you can connect to people. The desktop icon will remain as just COH even for OF.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Cheers for that, got it working last night. But I have another problem sadly, I can't play the OF campaign, but I can still play the factions in Skirmish ! Any ideas ?

What a mess I have to say !

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Sounds like you have only have the orginal COH installed. Try installing the other disc.

Its confusing alright but it mean't that people without Opposing Fronts where able to play with people who did have it and people without the vanilla COH but who had Opposing Fronts could play the vanilla crowd. But if you only have one your restricted to the factions in which ever game you got.

Advertisement