Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deja vu from a dream.. premonition?

Options
  • 17-05-2008 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

Not recently, but a while ago I had a deja vu feeling and when it happened, I instantly remembered it to have been in a dream I had a few weeks previous...

My aunt had two kids from Chernoble over to stay in her house and I met them (for the very first time ever) and had the deja vu when I met them. I remembered I had dreamed exactly how they looked, exactly what we said and their names, exactly where I was sitting, how my sister was sitting beside me etc.. but I hadn't remembered the dream when I had woken up from it the few weeks before hand. The thing is when I had the dream, I didn't even know these kids were coming over to my aunt for a holiday, I didn't know anything about them either. It was like a premonition in my dream.. This has happened to me maybe once after this that I remember but cannot for the life of me remember the dream the second time.

It always intrigued me but I wondered if anyone else had experienced something similar?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Delganys Finest

Hi yes,this has happened to me several times.
    It's a strange feeling,I always take it to mean things are going to plan.
    But that's just me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

ive had this happen to me show me its freaky, always wondered did it happen to anyone else.

Id just see something and automatically realize that ive seen exactly the same thing or person doing the exact same thing before just cant place it.

strange...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's possible that you have tapped into some hitherto unknown human ability, widening the scope of human possibility and proving the rot at the core of scientific orthodoxy.

It's also possible that your brain misfired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 sheeez

OMG
    this is regularrly occuring with me!!:rolleyes:
    sometimesgood/sometimes bad?!
    its sooo weird?!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I get this an awful lot. Sometimes it's like I say or do something, that I had no control over like blurt out something or make a random decision and then I get the deja vu, maybe it's like fate took over for a minute? It's weird but I've been getting it since I was a little kid. My Dad doesnt believe me but my Mum and brothers get it very strongly too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Promethean

there is nothing mysterious about deja vu, the best way to describe whats happenning is your brain accidentally adding or releasing a chemical tag for recognition in the course of producing a thought so you think you recognise the situation, its just a blip that happens, anything else is just coincidence

Advertisement