Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad in Thomond

Options
  • 18-05-2008 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

I'm going to be living in Thomond as a post grad next year! could someone tell me what the accommodation has and what i need to bring!! Does it have a microwave, and what kitchen utensils etc does it have? What is there in the way of furniture and lighting etc in the bedroom??

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

http://www.ul.ie/campuslife/thomond.htm

Give a look at that it has information on some of the facilites in the apartments. There's also contact information for someone in Accommodation Services here:

http://www.ul.ie/campuslife/accommodationcontact.htm

They should be able to let you know what comes with the apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

You don't get a microwave. You get the usual kitchen utensils, two drawers full of cutlery & delph, pots and pans...the usual stuff. The lighting is (bit of an odd question but we'll go with it) grand in the rooms, there's 5 seperate lights for a 3.5m x 3m room so you'll be fine!

The only thing you'll want is a stronger bulb for the desk lamp. The bulb I've been given for the last 2 years there has been useless. As for furniture there's a chair provided for the desk. You're given a duvet for the (double) bed and need to provide covers and a pillow.

Thomond is really nice, you're pretty well taken care of accommodation-wise there. Especially for post-grads, you have the third block of apartments which is a smaller block and also further away, so it's always quiet there. Enjoy it, I know I'll miss it after 2 years there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭maryjm

Thanks a million for that info! i was wondering did i need to buy a desk lamp and stuff!! are all the beds in the postgrad apartments double?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

maryjm wrote: »
    are all the beds in the postgrad apartments double?

I wonder why :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

maryjm wrote: »
    Thanks a million for that info! i was wondering did i need to buy a desk lamp and stuff!! are all the beds in the postgrad apartments double?
    quagmire.jpg

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭maryjm

more like I wanna know what size duvet cover to buy!!!! Is there anything else anyone would recommend I will need to bring with me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Well if you want a microwave then I guess you'll need to bring one of those. The usual stuff e.g. a block adapter if you need to plug lots of stuff in. Cigarettes and alcohol are important too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

All beds in Thomond/Cappavilla/Drumroe are double beds, and some in Kilmurry are too. Them architects got their heads screwed on 'cos it's ****ing great!

Advertisement