Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think this would this translate well to a tattoo?

Options
  • 18-05-2008 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Hey guys :)

So I'm a long time lurker, but never posted anything here :) I'm really interested in body mods, I guess from an "admirer's" point of view, I never really thought I'd get anything done unless I was REALLY sure about it.

So anyway... I've been thinking about getting a tattoo the last few months... But I think tattoos with a lot of detail can tend to "blur" as the years go by right? And I'm not even sure if this would be possible to translate to the skin...

Well, don't laugh, but you may recognise it as the FFVII meteor :P I don't know why but I just keep thinking about it... I would like to have it going down the underside of my forearm, a fair size. Thing is, I've seen so many people with artistically bad tattoos, and I don't wanna get it done if I don't think I'll be 100% happy with it. So I'm kind of afraid in that respect.

Anyway I'm sure you get the idea, so I'm just asking if you think either of these could work out :)

1211032104694.png

or, without the writing

ffviiadventchildren.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

i love FF tattoos! have a moogle myself!

i've seen someone with the original meteor before and it turned out very well but they had extra lines added around it, a bit more detail to make it stand out and not look as flat.

bring it in to a studio and ask them about it but i've seen it before and it can look great

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Ooh a moogle? That's really cool! And that's great to hear about the other meteor tattoo! That's encouraging :)

i3.jpg

there he is in all his glory!

yeah the meteor is a cool idea, i toyed with getting the FFX logo for a while

ffx-logo.jpg

haven't but still might look into it!

as i said, just make sure that it stands out, get a lot of good shading done with the colour and it'll look fab

That's so cute! It looks really well. And yeah all the FF logos are pretty deadly haha... and even the original character designs. Thanks for the advice!

I can hear it now... "What the f*** did you tattoo a video game logo onto yourself for???" haha :P

feck them!

i have sakuya from okami tattooed on my whole back, it's still cool!! :D

nerds 4 life yo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

i have sakuya from okami tattooed on my whole back, it's still cool!! :D

Is that the geisha style japanese art you have on your back? (apologies for the more than likely incorrect comparison, only way I could think to describe it off hand).

If it is you then I can definitely agree that it is cool. In fact I would say amazing.

Kisaragi: I think that the design would work really well on the forearm. Good luck with it if you do go for it. And post pics when done.

yeah that's her, from one of the best yet underrated games ever!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nWyk4hfv_RQ

check the video at 00.40

and kisaragi, you better get it done!

Haha no pressure!!

I will definitly post pics if/when done! I'd definitly get it done if I could think of anywhere else it'd look good except my inner forearm... But I really want it there! I know it's not like on your hands or anything but I don't want some employer telling me I can't get a job because of it :( Maybe just above my hip bone in that kind of natural curve there... Hmm I'll have to think about it...

And oooh I want to play that game now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

the inside of the top of your arm, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

kisaragi wrote: »
    Haha no pressure!!

I will definitly post pics if/when done! I'd definitly get it done if I could think of anywhere else it'd look good except my inner forearm... But I really want it there! I know it's not like on your hands or anything but I don't want some employer telling me I can't get a job because of it :( Maybe just above my hip bone in that kind of natural curve there... Hmm I'll have to think about it...

And oooh I want to play that game now!

Sounds like have the idea for a really cool tattoo and a placement you like. Go for interviews wearing a long sleeve shirt, besides, if it was a cool place to work, then they wouldn't care! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement