Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

doctor who - s04e7

• 18-05-2008 12:30am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

what the **** was that

i think it's about time to take this series out the back of the bbc office's and shoot it in the head.

that was just so awful im not going to bother with a poll, if you liked that ep i don't care what you have to say.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Cheer up Mordypants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

It did suck so badly I had to force myself to watch it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

it sucked...but everyone sort a guessed it would.

If Moffet messess up with his 2 parter then take the series out and shoot it.

Until then.

This episode sucked, but strangely not as much as the prior...This one really did seem to be one for agatha christie fans (my mum is and she liked it)

my main concern is that this series budget seemed to have gone entirely on the first 5 episodes...this one and the last one both looked dreadfull.

not sure about the next one either visually. But it does have that hint of creepyness with the *stay out of the shadow* line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The CGI was a bit ropey - but it was still a 100% improvement on last weeks effort. It was a "romp". Not overly heavy, a bit of chasing about and a bit of tongue in cheek. It wasn't designed to be a "great" episode, but it did what it was supposed to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I thought that was woeful, with not a single redeeming thing about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

A BuffyBot said it was a "romp".
    Complete waste of an episode.
    Was dreading this one for a while,
    All the fan sites were saying this was the weakest episode of the series

Roll on Moffat's two-parter next.

Have to wait 2 weeks cause of the bloody eurovision:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pretty bad.... that scene where he was detoxing (with charades) was terrible.
    And the music was more overbearing than usual.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Uh oh. I haven't watched it yet but it doesn't sound like I'm going to enjoy it much. Funnily enough, I was in the presence of a TV around 7pm but I had no strong compunction to turn it to BBC1. I guess that's as good an indicator as any at how much the show has slipped in the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

agreed, is was as bad as all that. They have to get rid of Catherine Tate too. stat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I honestly don't think anyone could say that Catherine Tate was the problem with that episode. As an actress she delivered the lines she was given.

The show was like watching a bad whodunnit. That is not what Dr Who fans expect or want.

The best thing about it was the trailer for the next one - it looked more like proper Dr Who.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Charades moment and psychic-paper aside, I kinda enjoyed it and thought it a huge improvement on last week. I went in expecting the episode to have its tongue firmly in cheek and that's what I got - it reminded me of the books Gareth Roberts wrote for the BBC range ("The Well Mannered War" for example) in that it wasn't too serious. Weak CGI wasp though.

Nope - it was grand filler for me once you knew not to take it remotely seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

I may have been slightly harse on Catherine Tate. She is in fact growing on me - slowly.

Yeah not the greatest CGI wasp, but the cheesy special effects are part and parcel of Doctor Who though really. Wouldn't want it any other way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well that wasn't as bad as people were making out. It was another tale that can be chalked up as "whacky", though without the lameness of baby fat monsters. I was happy to go with the daftness of it all to be honest.

Having said that; why a bloody wasp? Some tentacled monstrosity I could have gone with, but a giant wasp? I suppose in many ways it was a harken back to the old day sof Who monsters.

Oh and trivia for Old-Who fans - who recognised the Colonel? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Again- soulless, mind-numbing plop. Bar the Sontaran Episodes, this season has been a real let down so far for me. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I liked it, thate character is growing on me, however Tate herself still manages to irritate me a bit with her accent.

I liked the episode, tho I hope next week we see something a bit mor cerebral.

that said I liked last weeks episode as well, I think the trick is to reset your mental age to about 7 and tis all fine

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I like the odd Poirot, I didn't think this one was so bad tbh. I didn't have any "FFS" moments during it although the detox came close.

Better than the doctors daughter, this series still isn't lighting the ol' Doomfire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

ah jaysus lads, it was ment to be a giggle, dont get too warped about it.

one thing that bugged me (ok a wasp isnt a bug... or is it?) was another reference to a previous story (this one being Dickens) so its another stop on the valadectory trip of RTD.

I liked the charades thing, pity Donna got to kiss him, must be in DT's contrct to snog each assistant. Bet Mickey/Ricky is looking forward to the last ep so!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I liked it as an episode. It was a nice stand-alone episode - we don't get enough un-storyline driven episodes, so it was nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

ah jaysus lads, it was ment to be a giggle, dont get too warped about it.

Wait, i thought Doctor Who was serious business, like the internet.

Anyway, i enjoyed it, silly, light giggle episode. I've seen worse episodes of better shows, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 TheForeSkins

Jeez, Im really upset now, cause I really enjoyed watching this episode and felt it was quite good. Sorry....I know people are gonna hate me here....but I really liked it, it was ok, and it was entertainment.

Not the best but watchable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Jeez, Im really upset now, cause I really enjoyed watching this episode and felt it was quite good. Sorry....I know people are gonna hate me here....but I really liked it, it was ok, and it was entertainment.

Not the best but watchable.

Nothing wrong with having your own opinion. :) I certainly didn't think it was the worst either, looking at it again the pacing was very good.

Advertisement