Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rude taximan, agressive pedestrians! Whatever next?

Options
  • 18-05-2008 2:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

So, I was cycling minding my own by Fairview & I get a 'you shud be off the f*ckin' ro-ad!" by a bored taxi driver who nearly knocked me off.
    Now I'm on a dirt track in the Phoenix Park, (i get around), & I'm elbowed forcefully by this asswipe out walking with his long-suffering.
    Can someone pls explain this bizarre behaviour?
    What are your experiences?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Were you on the cyclelane in Fairview? If not, why not?

Did you cycle up behind the couple in the park, maybe he didn't hear or see you and you suprised him.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

micmclo wrote: »
    Were you on the cyclelane in Fairview? If not, why not?
    Is the alledged cycle lane in Fairview legally marked as such (signs RUS009 or RUS009A), or just made-up to look like one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

No idea, I don't know about legal issues.
    I cycle myself so maybe it came across like I was bashing the OP. Not my intention at all.

The cycle lane southbound is a bit of a disaster but traffic moves extremly quickly down the buslane so it's a dangerous place to be.

My idea of a cyclelane just inside the park got bashed here before :(

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Marathon Man

The world is full of a*******. Don't let it get you down. What you describe are simple daily happenings in the wonderful cycling cosmos that is Dublin. Just smile and be thankful that you can still cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

The world is full of a*******. Don't let it get you down. What you describe are simple daily happenings in the wonderful cycling cosmos that is Dublin. Just smile and be thankful that you can still cycle.

Exactly! Whenever something bad happens to me these days I tend not to dwell on it and just move swiftly on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I was cycling down the N11 the other day and there were two massive articulated trucks (the kind that carry tarmac and stuff) parked on the cycle lane outside the esso.

Naturally I popped onto the bus lane well in advance.

As I was passing the exit to the petrol station, a taxi driver was waiting to get out. He saw me well in advance as I was pretty much in the middle of the lane so I wasn't hugging the trucks.

But, as I passed him, he nudged his car quite noticeably forward, not like a "foot off the brake nudge" a bit more forceful than that. I got a bit of a shock and swerved while cursing over my shoulder.

Anyway, all forgotten now....nearly

Advertisement