Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keeping achievement points when you sign up to Xbox Live?

• 18-05-2008 4:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

Right so I have my Xbox around 8 months but hadnt really bothered about getting online, but I bought the wireless adaptor yesterday so I'm gonna sign up. Now odds are, when I do try and sign up my offline profile name is gonna be taken, is it possible to sign up under a new name and still keep my achievement points?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

IIRC you can just edit your profile name to something not taken if necessary and keep all points etc.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Do a google for merge xbox account and the official microsoft page explaining what to do will come up. If not then i'll have the link when i'm on my other pc later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I found it

http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/support/xbox360/live/account/mergeoflineprofile.htm

But this applies only to people who already have a name on xbox live? Maybe I'll just edit my offline profile name to something that I reckon isnt taken and sign up with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

IIRC when you sign up with your existing name and it is already taken, then it will prompt you for a new name, can't remember if it offered some suggestions. But you won't lost your points.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Lee Snowflake

When you join Xbox Live, if your profile name is taken it will offer a list of alternatives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

If for any reason you put your xbox live on a credit card, and the credit card is cancelled, when you try to connect using that profile, the only option is download profile. DON'T DO IT. I lost 6,000 gamerpoints and 12 months work.....

Advertisement