Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beers Round 2: This Thursday May 22nd

Options
  • 18-05-2008 7:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

I'm off to London for the craic. I'll stumble back Thursday morning, likely get pissed that the afternoon and catch a 5ish Indy 4 show. Will be up for more drinking after that. All yall who voted for both or Thursday up for for round 2 on Thursday eve? Say 9 at Bierhaus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

:cool:

Nice one! I'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Sounds like a plan, stan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i should be up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

I gotta economise before I leave for the summer so I think I'm out - would anyone be up for a boards soccer game on the day of boards beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Might be there.... not 100% though.

There be alot going on Thursday and I don't know what I is doing...:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

wont be there.

i have exactly €50.52 to last me till Friday week!! :(

god damn sickeness making me lose money! :(

why do we always arrange beers for the end of the month??? Why not the start??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I'm going to miss it... will be at a wedding in Waterford... someone take pictures :pac:

This still going ahead?

I imagine so...

As I probably* won't be near the internet for a while, can anyone tell me when and where the meet is going to be?

*said with a hint of doubtfulness

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I won't be there, I shall be with friends who don't shove my camera down their trousers!

• Advertisement

MattKid wrote: »
    I won't be there, I shall be with friends who don't shove my camera down their trousers!

Awwwww Matt!

i like potatoes! Them's full o' da starch of life! Mmmmm.. starchy goodness...

You can be the photographer this time round... eh eh eh... wink wink;)

Okay.. seeing as no one answered... I will pop into the bierhaus at some point during the night, if thee see me.. give us a shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Ooh, I might pop down,has anyone actually decided to go?

I'll most likely be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

MattKid wrote: »

ahem sorry

edit wait we're friends? :p I'm touched!

Bah, change of plan. I'm distinctly lacking in crash space so it seems I won't make it after all, have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

Indy plans have slid back, so I making appearance more in the post-10 range.

Well I just stuck my head in and no-one particularly internet-nerdy looking caught my eye. I'll pop in again later, if anyone checks here before wandering in, if you see a chick in the world's most green hoodie then it's me! Speak to me!

fozzle wrote: »
    Well I just stuck my head in and no-one particularly internet-nerdy looking caught my eye. I'll pop in again later, if anyone checks here before wandering in, if you see a chick in the world's most green hoodie then it's me! Speak to me!

Sorry, how late were you there? I was there about 10:15 til close - later movie flick that intended. Dafunk appeared about half an hour after, RHG and Jizzlord joined us about 5 minutes after - though RHG fled quickly, he had apparently cooler people to go hang with ;)

PS fozzle, I missed your earlier message - you are totally welcome to crash on my couch next time. We may even have our tv back by then, and mario kart will live again!

tristanc wrote: »
    RHG fled quickly, he had apparently cooler people to go hang with ;)

Damn straight!:cool:

I made my appearance, albeit brief... did anyone else join or was it just the 3 of ye for the night?

We picked up a couple of randomers but no more boardies showed up.

It was a fairly civilized night all round. There was no dirty photography :) as much as that disappoints me.

Jizzlord: You skipped off fairly early, was the excitement of the card games too much for you?

• Advertisement

Apologies for my absence but I had to work. Damned employment, only been two days and already I'm lamenting the loss of all that free time. That said at work last night I managed to watch both Diary of the Dead and Highlander: The Source so I can't really complain.

Darko.. I know this isn't eaxctly the most fitting medium, but it's free and easier to write than a text.

Sorry for not replying last night, I was far too drunk to enter a debate about George A. Romero. Apologies if it was rude....

Sorry, how late were you there? I was there about 10:15 til close - later movie flick that intended. Dafunk appeared about half an hour after, RHG and Jizzlord joined us about 5 minutes after - though RHG fled quickly, he had apparently cooler people to go hang with ;)

PS fozzle, I missed your earlier message - you are totally welcome to crash on my couch next time. We may even have our tv back by then, and mario kart will live again!
    Feck! I must have seen ye then, where were ye sitting? I was in twice and didn't see anyone (was hoping Jizzlord'd be there since I know him). Went to a friend's house and when I wandered back up at 11.35 I discovered they closed at half eleven and they wouldn't let me in! Thought they had a late bar :( Ah well.

Darko.. I know this isn't eaxctly the most fitting medium, but it's free and easier to write than a text.

Sorry for not replying last night, I was far too drunk to enter a debate about George A. Romero. Apologies if it was rude....

No worries, though I did end up crying myself to sleep as a result of it.

fozzle wrote: »
    Feck! I must have seen ye then, where were ye sitting? I was in twice and didn't see anyone (was hoping Jizzlord'd be there since I know him). Went to a friend's house and when I wandered back up at 11.35 I discovered they closed at half eleven and they wouldn't let me in! Thought they had a late bar :( Ah well.

We were in the first section on the right as you come in the door. Jizzlord was there for a good bit. We headed to Massimos after bierhaus closed.

We were in the first section on the right as you come in the door. Jizzlord was there for a good bit. We headed to Massimos after bierhaus closed.
    Drinking Hoegarden? Dammit - I did see ye I think! Ah well, next time :) Pretty sure Jizzlord wasn't there when I checked - his mop of hair is hard to hide ;)

dafunk wrote: »
    Jizzlord: You skipped off fairly early, was the excitement of the card games too much for you?

it was the excitement of having finished 10 hours of work, and having to move back to sligo the next morning

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    it was the excitement of having finished 10 hours of work, and having to move back to sligo the next morning
    My going to the beer-up was all part of Sligo's cunning plan to get him drunk so he'd be too hungover to move house. I failed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

dafunk wrote: »
    We picked up a couple of randomers but no more boardies showed up.

as one of the radomers i like to say i had a great time a great evening of beer and those i did meet were nice people and i had no hangover the next day which is the total oposite of today ....but i have minial techno playing in the backround and thats easing my pain god bless Madga the polish princess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

did someone join boards because of the beers? nice!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement