Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what makes us different ??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

our homeless wino types are local celebrities, just look at tawdy. legend

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

longshanks wrote: »
    our homeless wino types are local celebrities, just look at tawdy. legend

Absolutely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

well the baby jesus nearly wept, you agreed with something i said

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

longshanks wrote: »
    well the baby jesus nearly wept, you agreed with something i said

Its tawdy! Youd be mad not to think he is a legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

he has definately got his moneys worth from that liver !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

SUNGOD wrote: »
    ok i know we are great . but i hear all this about dublin is the capital and cork is the peoples republic and now galway is the third city, and limerick is ...ehh limerick .... so my question is what makes us different ?... what do we have that they dont?.......... what makes us ...DEISE BHOY?

Ok so while I wont comment on your little comment on Limerick above (as I am not starting a Limerick V's Waterford argument) I just wanna clear something up. You give credit to Galway as being Irelands third city....when did this happen!!!! Limerick subarbian area has a population of 92,000 people compared to Galway subarbian area of 72,000 (Source CSO census). Fair is fair like. The figures are facts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

tommy249 wrote: »
    Ok so while I wont comment on your little comment on Limerick above (as I am not starting a Limerick V's Waterford argument) I just wanna clear something up. You give credit to Galway as being Irelands third city....when did this happen!!!! Limerick subarbian area has a population of 92,000 people compared to Galway subarbian area of 72,000 (Source CSO census). Fair is fair like The figures are facts

ok you have a fair point but untill ye stop killing each other ye will never be irelands third city, and who mentioned anything about subarbarian area population ? did you even read this thread ? i said limerick is ehh limerick so now you have made me insult limerick.......your a bad man tommy

oh another thing that makes us different is that we can forgive our limerick cousins for trying to hijack this thread...... eh that and pineapple smack

tommy249 wrote: »
    Ok so while I wont comment on your little comment on Limerick above (as I am not starting a Limerick V's Waterford argument) I just wanna clear something up. You give credit to Galway as being Irelands third city....when did this happen!!!! Limerick subarbian area has a population of 92,000 people compared to Galway subarbian area of 72,000 (Source CSO census). Fair is fair like. The figures are facts

I wouldnt consider what he said unfair. He didnt insult it or dispute it being a city. So your post has little relvance in this topic :)

Feel free to post again if you have something to add thats related to the topic though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

Sully wrote: »
    I wouldnt consider what he said unfair. He didnt insult it or dispute it being a city. So your post has little relvance in this topic :)

Feel free to post again if you have something to add thats related to the topic though. :)

While I accept it is off the topic, I was only commenting on a typo in his earlier post when Limerick was downgraded from being Irelands third city to ...........eh Limerick!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

miss deise wrote: »
    Well!! I'm new to boards, long time reader, newish poster. Would like to say I agree with the above, I have always felt that way and love that about Waterford... we have no feeling of pretentiousness or self importance. We are what we are and we can live with it and joke about it which is deadly. Also, what makes us different is our accent. Lived in Dublin for 4 years and never lost it....

Best words to say in a girlie waterford accent are... " Voucher" and "Jewellers"... (harken back to the gift grub that took the p**s out of Des Bishop workin in Abrakebabra.. "Well, Boy!")

It's one of the best things about Waterford that it is almost classless (for now). I also like the way people aren't PC and feel free to talk about absolutely anything. The sense of humour is fantastic if a little bleak at times.

I think it's hilarious the way Waterford girls pronounce 'cool' 'coowell'. :)

I found the parish pump comment made by someone amusing because I'd say there is less of it in Waterford city than anywhere else in the country. Every time there is a proposal to build something in Waterford, you have as many people saying it's a waste of money as those who think it's a good idea. People in other parts of the country will take what's going regardless of whether it's a waste of money or not. :) You'll also have as many people dissing the city as promoting it, and people are happy to entertain poor opinions of the place from others. Compare that to somewhere like Cork where you'd be thrown into the Lee for saying anything bad about the city before the words were even out of your mouth. I do think this attitude has harmed Waterford a lot, though, and history has shown that counties/cities that don't make their presence felt nationally get left behind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭birdie08

SUNGOD wrote: »
    we dont go shopping
    we do the messages
    A gal from d big smoke..a dub..well i could add to your comment but kinda scared of sully..best say nothing:rolleyes:

Advertisement