Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lost My License Again!!

Options
  • 18-05-2008 9:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭

Is my second time the same as the first or will i be monitored or anything?? Its so annoying i just keep leaving them somewhere not noticing it missing and cant REMEMBER where i lost it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

abcxyz123 wrote: »
    and cant forget where i lost it!
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

:confused:
    As in, my house, friends house, friends car etc........just a general idea.

As in, my house, friends house, friends car etc........just a general idea.
    I was confused by the "can't forget" bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Is my second time the same as the first or will i be monitored or anything?? Its so annoying i just keep leaving them somewhere not noticing it missing and cant forget where i lost it!
    The best place for your license is on the sun visor.

I was confused by the "can't forget" bit!

oh god! sorry i ment to say 'cant remember'!! i can understand what confused you!

• Advertisement

Sam Kade wrote: »
    The best place for your license is on the sun visor.

Thanks, thats were i keep it, its just when im in a car with a learner and i take it with me and it comes out of the trusty sun visor! thats how i lose it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Thanks, thats were i keep it, its just when im in a car with a learner and i take it with me and it comes out of the trusty sun visor! thats how i lose it!

so you have a full license? why don't you just go down and pay for a new one? I could understand if your a learner with a test coming up soon but if you've got a full license then just go get it replaced and try and be more careful next time. Its not like losing a passport where you've got to go report it to the guards. If you need it really urgently [and can prove that] most MTO's can make up a new one in 15 mins. Unless you live in cork were it takes about 30 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

ztoical wrote: »
    so you have a full license? why don't you just go down and pay for a new one? I could understand if your a learner with a test coming up soon but if you've got a full license then just go get it replaced and try and be more careful next time.

+1, not that big a deal.:pac::pac:

ztoical wrote: »
    Its not like losing a passport where you've got to go report it to the guards
    It does have to be reported to the Gardai and the D800 form must be certified by them and signed and stamped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

It does have to be reported to the Gardai and the D800 form must be certified by them and signed and stamped.

really? I stand corrected, ignore last comment. You learn something new everyday. I had one passport stolen on me while away and it was a nightmare to replace didn't think they'd make people report drivers license as they are just big pieces of paper with a see through plastic sticker chucked on top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Yup, when I was getting a duplicate licence a while back I had to get a local guard to sign a form.

Advertisement