Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure Cork

Options
  • 18-05-2008 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

Over the past 12 months we've produced video footage of independent retailers around Cork city and county. There's no sponsorship or business model, it's just a personal effort to capture the essence of some Pure Cork characters before every shop has a Lidl, Spar or other multiple's sign outside of it.

We're using blip.tv for hosting the video and the quality can be less than perfect, especially if your broadband is slow. We were going to put a comments section in the site but we ran out of money :)

It would be great to hear any of your comments here. Have a look: www.purecork.com.

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

great idea, fantastic video's and website, just spent the past hour on it

best of luck with it and try to keep the updates coming

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

cool website its good to capture the essence of cork gone by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

very good idea. well done its excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭omerin

great site. listening to 96fm on one occasion there was a segment of the morning program about cork charactors, would be good idea, money permitting, filming these people aswell before these people are forgotten. the ford workers, sunbeam, dockers etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Great website.Keep up the good work.
    Videos taking me ages to load though!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭kelly1979

great idea, really enjoyed watching the videos

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Kudos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Is it just me, or is the website not working?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JohnDennehy

MrTea - purecork.com is working but if you're not on a fast internet connection the videos are slow to buffer. We used a site called blip.tv to host and serve the content which converts the video into flash format. Over the next week I'm going to have purecork.com redirect to a micro site on blip.tv where you'll be able to see the videos in much better quality and you'll be able to add comments. We don't have any sponsorship so everything is paid out of our pocket (violins please). Hence we're somewhat at the mercy of blip.tv. The quality on youtube really wasn't good enough. Check in again in a week's time and you should have a much better experience. Sorry for any inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

just watched the video on Mattie Kiely's.. Damn near brought a tear to me eye, and made me want a batter burger supper from the man himself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

Great stuff! I've only got around to watching a few of them so far, but it's a great idea to capture such character, especially when so much of it is in danger of being lost.
    You should fire a link up on egomotion.net too - I know the heads there would love to see those vids.

Advertisement