Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beggar at the bottle tower.

Options
  • 18-05-2008 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Anyone else ever see this fella?

I regularly see him at the junction. Roma lookin guy, walks with a severe limp and a stick. Very skinny and wears shabby clothes. Only the other day I saw him walking without much trouble up nutgrove avenue. Still a bit of a limp, but nothing compared to what he appears to have while 'working'. Probably caused by his feigning of a limp all day at the junction anyway!!

Just letting people know he's a joker, so don't give him money!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

masseyno9 wrote: »
    Anyone else ever see this fella?

I regularly see him at the junction. Roma lookin guy, walks with a severe limp and a stick. Very skinny and wears shabby clothes. Only the other day I saw him walking without much trouble up nutgrove avenue. Still a bit of a limp, but nothing compared to what he appears to have while 'working'. Probably caused by his feigning of a limp all day at the junction anyway!!

Just letting people know he's a joker, so don't give him money!

No sh*t!.. A Roma beggar at a junction in Dublin - news to me .

But seriously, I haven't seen the guy you mention but they're a regular site at traffic lights all over the country. Most have limps or hunchbacks, or missing limbs, some pretend to be blind (although I haven't seen any walk under a bus yet) - anyway, they've all some kind of ailment to which we're suppose to feel sympathy for and so throw heaps of our money at them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I saw one bloke pushing a wheelchair up o'connel st and settling himself down in it once he got round the corner near the four courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Ironically I get a sneak impression that some of the many randomers tapping at the self service ticket things in Connolly Station aren't actually looking for a hostel!!!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Jay D wrote: »
    Ironically I get a sneak impression that some of the many randomers tapping at the self service ticket things in Connolly Station aren't actually looking for a hostel!!!

:pac:

No no, "Hostel" is what they call it these days ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

Nobody give these guys money ... ever.
    It just brings more looking for more money.

If you really feel you need to give money, give it to a charity (not those gob****es looking for a direct debit though). I love letting them finish their speech and then saying im going to sign up. Oops ive forgotten my account number. Then give someone i dont likes name and address :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Never mess with Roma, if you have seen the movie ''thinner'' you will know why...

Seriously though I sort of feel sad for them. Does anyone know what came of the family living at Red Cow.

Advertisement