Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters Start Date???????

Options
  • 18-05-2008 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Hey y'all...

I'm heading to DIT in Sept to do my masters (either MSc in Marketing or MSc in Strat Mgt). Just wondering does anybody know at what stage of Sept or Oct do DIT Masters courses start??

I did my degree in UCD and we were usually back the 1st/2nd week in Sept with Trinity being off until 1st/2nd week in October?

Can any (ex)DIT students shed some light on this for me?

P.S I already rang the graduate office who said they don't know!! Couldn't even give me an indication date....makes me worry a little...UCD were great for all that info.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Roro4Brit wrote: »
    Hey y'all...

I'm heading to DIT in Sept to do my masters (either MSc in Marketing or MSc in Strat Mgt). Just wondering does anybody know at what stage of Sept or Oct do DIT Masters courses start??

I did my degree in UCD and we were usually back the 1st/2nd week in Sept with Trinity being off until 1st/2nd week in October?

Can any (ex)DIT students shed some light on this for me?

P.S I already rang the graduate office who said they don't know!! Couldn't even give me an indication date....makes me worry a little...UCD were great for all that info.

Thanks

DIT can be a fairly disorganised place but i would assume they haven't told you yet because the date hasn't been arranged yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭deisebabe

I started mine on the 17th of september two years ago...the first week(two nites!) was mainly induction stuff.... I found out the week before when it started!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ange777

Hi

I want to apply for the Msc in Strategic Management, however the admission office doesn't know (even at this stage)if the course is running this year. I am not sure if I should apply as nobody seems to know... not only about the dates but also if the course will run this year....

They are hopeless...I am interested in the part-time option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Look at the website for the dates

MSc in Marketing:

http://www.dit.ie/DIT/study/graduate/courses/ft548.html

In relation to whether or not its running, its possible they don't know yet although April was the closing date so they should. You're probably better off contacting the person listed on the website for the programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

Thanks guys......DIT got back to me with an answer! It's 15th Sept, can't wait!

In relation to the MSc in Strat Mgt, I had that down on my list of courses I applied for and its the only course out of the 3 I applied for that DIT did not acknowledge with an acceptance or refusal letter yet!! Maybe there's some issues there!!!

I have spoken to Phil Hanlon however in DIT. I think she is the Course Co-ordinator for that cousre so give her a try...she may have more info.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement