Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holidaying in Youghal

Options
  • 18-05-2008 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Off to Youghal next week with 2 little ones stayin the quality hotel holiday homes.

Whats good to do there?
    Eat?
    Drink?
    Playgrounds?

Etc etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tiny-tyno

Hi, im from Youghal myself, not currently living there but there are a few nice things to do in the town,

it has become a lot more quiet since the bypass but there is a swimming pool near by , as you come out of the quality hotel and head into youghal take the next right after farrells pub the pool is there, and the beach (aka front strand or claycastle)is also along side it.

if u go bk up the same road and keep going into the town there is Perks funfair which has bowling, ghost rides, lazer etc, its very good and the kids would enjoy it, there is also a 3screen cinema in youghal,

places to eat in youghal there is a lot available for young and old, there is supermacs just before the clock tower, doyles chipper, riverside cafe, and there are a few cafe's along the main street, there are loads of chinese restaurants there is also aherns sea food restaurant, and if you are stayin in the holiday home there is a 24hr tesco and a lidil there too,, the restuarant in the quality hotel is nice i used to work there, in the hotel itself there is also a swimming pool complex and a spa for yourself to enjoy, it is right on the beach so its nice, they also have a kids games room to keep them entertained, the bar also serves carvery , there is leahy's farm on the dungorney road that they can feed the animals and a play ground. there is also a play ground out by tesco . hope that will do for some info, there is a tourist office that u can go in to check out other activities that might be going on that i dont know of but thats the best i can think of :D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tiny-tyno

forgot about places to drink most important, doyles bar aka jd's is great my brother used to work there and all the girls behind the bar are really nice and so are coll and marian the owners, the clock gate has live bands, the quays also have bands and the night club is over that, further into town there is joe dans , mackeys, Tynan's which my granparents own but not for the young at heart has there own group of more mature adults lets say the lest lol the town is one big street u cant get lost, taxi's are around 3€ per person around the town maybe €5 to the quality

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

If you're looking for good quality seafood you have to try Ahernes restaurant, it's one of the nicest I've ever been to, prices are quite high because of the good reputation and quality.

Advertisement