Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you have liked Hitler to win the war

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭jakedixon2004

If the f***ing Italians and Japaneese had communicated better with the Germans then maybe they could have won

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Well the small amount of time before that bit...
    what i mean was bringing it from post ww1 germany to germany in the height of it's power, doesn't mean i admire what he did with it.

ahh yeah ...the ordinary Germans never had it as good as under Hitler, right?
    While the strict state intervention into the economy, and the massive rearmament policy, led to full employment during the 1930s, real wages in Germany dropped by roughly 25% between 1933 and 1938. [25] Trade unions were abolished, as well as collective bargaining and the right to strike. [26] The right to quit also disappeared: Labour books were introduced in 1935, and required the consent of the previous employer in order to be hired for another job. [26]

A practice formerly known as indentured servitude or slavery :D

quoted from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Nazi_Germany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Yeah dug myself a hole here.
    Everything he did was greatly wrong, I'm in no way trying to right it.

Basically I'm being inconsiderate and not caring for all the people oppressed and murdered by saying that i admire those certain aspects. Simple as.
    So therefore I'm a horrible person, no reason to point it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

Yeah dug myself a hole here.
    Everything he did was greatly wrong, I'm in no way trying to right it.

Basically I'm being inconsiderate and not caring for all the people oppressed and murdered by saying that i admire those certain aspects. Simple as.
    So therefore I'm a horrible person, no reason to point it out.

No need to go on like that, especially that nobody said or implied any of that.

We are merely trying to make two points:

1. It's wrong to say, "yeah he was horrible and all, but he made germany great". He didn't. Everything he did was leading to the war, and ultimately destruction of Germany. Plus, he made Germany great for Nazis only - if you weren't one, you were screwed.

2. A lot of his "successes" are overrated. Most of them weren't of his doing, but spinned this way by the propaganda, and a lot of them weren't successes at all.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

1. I admire how Hitler brought germany to what it was, 2. i also admire the certain parts of the SS.
    1. Well I thought the more interesting part of your post was your admiration of "HOW" Hitler came to power and was interested in your reasons why. But this point seems to have got lost along the way. Oh well.

2. The uniforms?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

ojewriej wrote: »

2. A lot of his "successes" are overrated. Most of them weren't of his doing, but spinned this way by the propaganda, and a lot of them weren't successes at all.
    I can only agree with your reasoned understanding of the facts Ojewriej. But there is one success of the Nazi party that has been totally under-rated. The residue of ferocious propaganda. This can still be heard as a lot of people are still overrating his successes and askewing his reasons of intent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭jakedixon2004

Well i personally think that their biggest success was making everyone follow the uniform way of life and the effect that the propaganda had
    The Nuerenberg Rallies were a masterpiece of Nazi propaganda and it was such a big success for them i would compare its value to the moon landing for the Americans

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭JcDubz4life

Van Zuylen wrote: »
    I am disgusted by this post , I cant put in to words what I want to say about this thread.

FFS think of the all the people who died, Both sides of my family fought in the war, one for the RAF and two others for Dutch Resistance. My Grand Uncle was a Dutch POW captured by the Germans, OP it sickens me when I see tripe like you post.

Okay before I argue this post I want to point out that obvously Hitler was a vile evil creature as were his followers and im in no way standing up for him. On the other hand this is a place for debate and thats all the OP was starting.

Also when people say Hitler was evil and had to be stopped by the good guys i.e the Allies a lot of them seem to forget that the Allies were not by a long shot crusading white knights. Take Dresden for example a city which had utterly no strategic value yet the allies levelled it fully knowing that it was killing tens of thousands of civillians. Also look at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. In war there are no good guys and the ones who pay are the innocent civillians

Advertisement