Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Resolutions

Options
  • 18-05-2008 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83,255 ✭✭✭✭

might not be the right forum for this..

well it irks me that most games dont naturally support widescreen resolutions, basically, because it gives you the fuzzy native resolution issue on LCD screens.

I was wondering if there was a way to make a game run in your own desired custom resolution, eg. instead of 800x600 I'd like to run on Crysis* on a 800x500 resolution (16:10). obviously instead of just running in a window id like to go full screen.

*w00t minimum specs me.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Overheal wrote: »
    might not be the right forum for this..

well it irks me that most games dont naturally support widescreen resolutions, basically, because it gives you the fuzzy native resolution issue on LCD screens.

I was wondering if there was a way to make a game run in your own desired custom resolution, eg. instead of 800x600 I'd like to run on Crysis* on a 800x500 resolution (16:10). obviously instead of just running in a window id like to go full screen.

*w00t minimum specs me.
    Sometimes it is possible by editing the settings .ini file the game uses where you can specify the width/height settings. Not all games this will be possible in though and I'm not sure about in crysis

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

TBH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Check out http://www.widescreengamingforum.com specifically the games list
    They're all about hax0ring .ini files, registry editing, hex editing widescreen resolutions into games that don't otherwise support 'em... it's more focussed towards getting the higher widescreen resolutions like 1680x1050 or 1920x1080/1200, so many solutions stop there... still if anyone knows about custom resolutions, it's these guys.
    Definitely worth bookmarking, I've used so many of their widescreen solutions/fixes over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Also you might want to change your scaling from monitor scaling to graphics card scaling.

The scaling on my old monitor was crap until I changed that setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,255 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

its a lappy :pac: a low end 8 series card, the 8400M GS

Thanks Donkey that will probably hand in come.

Cheers also tom ill have a poke around for that setting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

DOWNLOAD powerstrip program,it allows you to make custom resolutions, go to display propertys ,after install,to make a new custom resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

what he said ^^^

except for the really aggressive DOWNLOAD part....

Advertisement