Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone doing/has done Media Arts course?

Options
  • 18-05-2008 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi guys, I'm in 6th year in school and I think that this is the course I would like to do. However I'm not really sure if it is what I think it is. I went to the open day and the guy at the stand was really friendly and helpful but to be honest I can't remember most of what he said! Unfortunately I missed the information day that was on specifically for this course.

If anyone would like to talk to me about it I would really appreciate it. Pm me or reply here. Cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

I know you're all busy with exams at the moment but if you know anyone doing this course could you please ask them to get in touch with me. Its a big favour for a virtual stranger to ask but I would really really appreciate it. The CAO closing date is quite soon and I still have no idea. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

PM any questions to me and i'll reply as best i can. my girlfriend has a media arts degree (completed last year) from another college, but looking at the course notes it seems quite similar in terms of what's covered. she's out of the degree a year now so i can give some perspective on what it's like as a grad with such a degree...

as i say, PM me your questions and i'll get back to you asap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I have alot of friends in Media Arts and they love it. The people are really nice, and jsut from talking to them about their course there is a lot interesting things in it. If I were to pick again I would consider it. They are all REALLY into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

The CAO deadline is LONG gone, but you can still change your mind as much as you want until something like 20th of June.

I'm sorry to say this, but I have not even the faintest idea of the course. However, I've heard that students have actually produced mini-documentaries and films, so it should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Yeah they do that kinda thing, they are always making shorts ofr radio and tv. They do alot of photography work aswel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement