Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning Commute to Cherrywood

Options
  • 18-05-2008 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Soon i will be starting a job in Cherrywood, luckily the company operates a shuttle bus from Shankill Dart Station. I was wondering would the 8:30 Dart get me there on time or would the 8:10 be a better bet?

I live in Seabourne View, if anyone drives this route in the morning, what time do you leave to make it there for 9:00?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I think the train is at 8.05 and not 8.10. I often see the shuttle bus in Shankill when I'm down that way and its fairly quick at shooting up the bus lanes to Cherrywood - I just wouldn't think you could do the whole journey within a 30 minute period from Greystones Station.

Have you thought about cycling? Other less attractive option might be the 84X leaving Newtown at 7.45 taking you all the way to Wyattville stop would suit?

Lastly, I used to ride a moped to Cabinteely for work until I moved jobs. Was a half hour journey door to door.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sso

I pass Cherrywood on the way to work. You could leave at 8.20 or 8.30 by car and be there on time. It's slow through Kilmacanogue but other than that the traffic is not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

astrofluff wrote: »
    I think the train is at 8.05 and not 8.10. I often see the shuttle bus in Shankill when I'm down that way and its fairly quick at shooting up the bus lanes to Cherrywood - I just wouldn't think you could do the whole journey within a 30 minute period from Greystones Station.

Have you thought about cycling? Other less attractive option might be the 84X leaving Newtown at 7.45 taking you all the way to Wyattville stop would suit?

Lastly, I used to ride a moped to Cabinteely for work until I moved jobs. Was a half hour journey door to door.

The 84X that leaves from Newtown goes no where near Greystones. It goes from Newtown into Kilpedder and then straight on up the N11. You would need to get the 84X that leaves from Kilcoole or Newcastle, these are the ones that serve Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

RosieJoe wrote: »
    The 84X that leaves from Newtown goes no where near Greystones. It goes from Newtown into Kilpedder and then straight on up the N11. You would need to get the 84X that leaves from Kilcoole or Newcastle, these are the ones that serve Greystones.

true, but the 0745 bus mentioned actually leaves from Kilcoole, not Newtown, so would be an option. I'd say it hits charlesland around 0755.

If it was me, I'd drive. Can't be more than 30 mins from Charlesland, and getting home by public transport could be quite hit-and-miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

When i do that 745 from Kilcoole i tend to hit Charlesland in 8/9 mins - 830approx Cherrywood underpass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

SickCert wrote: »
    When i do that 745 from Kilcoole i tend to hit Charlesland in 8/9 mins - 830approx Cherrywood underpass.
    Everyone's going to wonder which driver you are now!

Advertisement