Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buildesk software on Vista

• 18-05-2008 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭

Tried to download and use this u value and condensation risk calculator

http://www.builddesk.co.uk/sw49343.asp

But it won't run on vista

Anyone know of a software "fix" ?

mods - would this be better in computers forum ? - please move if so

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Might be better elsewhere but where that is I'm not too sure. I have contacted a couple of mods in another forum and will wait to they get back to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved to windows.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

it doesn't list vista in the requirements

I take it you've tried right click and run as administrator ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

thanks -tried that with same result

same "error" message

this application was written using T List 6 / Pro that is not supoorted using the operating stystem

then

runtime error 429 - you do not have approriate licence to use this functionality

i did e mail for a registration key and have sorted that out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try setting compatability to Windows XP Service pack 2 in the applications properties, can sometimes fix those invalid OS errors (It spoofs app into beliving its running in that particular os)

Nick

thanks - but still no joy

i tried setting it to other OS "options" but still same error message

now that weekend is over - I called the software provider

they are developing a vista version

thanks for the help anyhow guys - it is appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭bauderline

sb,

Don't know if you are familiar with VMWare but you can run virtual operating systems using this tool. So you could install VMWare under vista and run XP in a VMWare session and then install and run builddesk. Its what I done to get round this issue.

Did the developers give an ETA on the Vista version ? I bet they were not to precise.

Best regards, Peter.

Advertisement