Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats you favourite server (PC because XBox is cr4p)

• 18-05-2008 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

So yea what servers do ye frequent and why???

im all about these lads at the moment

217.146.84.225:28950 24/7=XG=S&D HC

Hardcore, search and destroy, no bombs (c4, clay, m203 etc. RPGs are allowed) decent ping, typically good team play...nice

basically its a fancy looking CS with the ocasional airstrike...ye found anyones that stood out as particularly good for any reason?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

[Celts]Soldiers - 217.146.84.135:28962

Standard TDM, good ping, efficient admins who sort out hackers/morons quickly and an overall high caliber of players and games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

(PC because XBox is cr4p)

Care to elaborate on this retarded comment? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭rollie

fps' work better on PC then consoles but thats going off topic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I must say.. COD4 is best online game on the 360 its servers are 2nd to none! Theres always a match!

Also there is no "list" of severs for xbox360! All you do is pick the mode you want to play, setup your party and away you go couldn't be simpler.

Coming from a PC game background playing BF2 CS CS:S TF2 for many years and still do from time to time.
    rollie wrote: »

I do agree with that(mouse and keyboard wise) but why are you saying xbox is crap theres no need to say xbox is crap at all.. You could have said what servers do you play on?(PC)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Serious-Gaming Strike 24/7 Dm - 80.239.200.173:32960

Fnatic TDM - 80.239.200.196:32960

Irish E-Sports Competitive TDM No perks, Played Maps - 78.137.160.11:28940

And the odd noobish rant on .:iE ranked TDM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Try |PARA| TRM servers if you're into realism.
    Also I find that there seems to be very bad lag on xbox. Not just my connection or the server location.
    Still good craic with the lads cause none of them have pc's, but that's only why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Ie Tdm - 78.137.160.11:28930

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Any PAM4 DM/FFA server, cba playing on 50 man servers full of noobs :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

rollie wrote: »

Nice argument. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I usually play on the IE TDM ranked server.

twas a joke, designed to get interest in the thread

nano elite is also good for team play, but the rounds are too short

has anyone come accross some good dedicated old school servers, played that once it was quite a bit of fun

• Advertisement

Glad you think Elite's a decent server.
    If you want longer rounds just suggest on their forums and they will take it into account.
    Tis an old clan;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    (PC because XBox is cr4p)

Care to elaborate on this retarded comment? :rolleyes:

Coz he's spend ****eloads unnecessarily on making his PC compete with a console and therefore has to say that or he might look silly. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Any server which has 48+ players usually Team Death Match. Only downside to COD4 is the fact that the maps are too small, you cant organise a number of players to work in squads and coordinate attacks. You cant drive any of the vehicles or tanks. You cant pilot the helicopter let alone sit in the gunners seat. You cant fly the aircraft that carpet bomb an area. They should also up some server limits to 64 with an eye to improving that to 128.

As far as xbox v pc. The PC has slightly better graphics (depends on the card really, i guess if you fork out 500euro on the latest card the graphics would be amazing but what kind of lunatic shells out that kinda dough). It's more difficult on the xbox considering you have to use a joypad (except for those people who use a mouse + keyboard but what kind of lunatic pays €80 for that).

Think ill play BF2

c0rk3r wrote: »

As far as xbox v pc. The PC has FAR better graphics (depends on the card really, i guess if you fork out 500euro on the latest card the graphics would be amazing but what kind of lunatic shells out that kinda dough).

Fixed. I only pay bout 150 for a 8800gts and run cod4 at its highest, had a m8 playing cod4 on xbox beside me, there's a large difference, even he agreed, and he's a devote consolite.

Although i do like bf2 because better because there's tactics and teamwork and in terms of that cod4 is pants.

yea i agree that tactics are lacking on CoD, but i never got into BF2...i used to be a BFvietnam man myself and then they released that woeful skin (of 2) 2140something...was not a fan of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

2142 was hardly a skin of 2.

Everything was new.

Brilliant game. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Sigear

84.244.171.228:28960/Armory 2 Sniper M40 & R700 Only{Ranked - Playerstats}
    Yea its those 2 sniper rifles only and knife, u use anything else u get kicked, good part also is that its ranked :) good for training those 2 sniper rifles and 3 in a row knife kills :p
    Its FFA with only 12 slots though

217.146.84.87:28933/aQ| Public (Hardcore)
    hardcore S&D...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

seriously, any noob server out there?im barely through a few missions in the singlplayer. and im still s**te.

tried online,managed 2 kills and 10 deaths. woopie...

Advertisement