Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tough Bastardin Missions *here be spoilers*

• 18-05-2008 2:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭

For me, by far, the toughest is Three Leaf Clover, the bank job with packie. The mission goes on for about three and a half weeks, and is unbelievably tough. driving back to packie's in a car with the front wheel shot out made it even tougher. Took me about 10 goes before i got it..

What did you think was the toughest mission?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Already a thread on this,all you needed to do was look at the second page,too many threads been opened here that have already been discussed!

Here:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055288723

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

my bad

this one's for you kmart

2nav59g.png

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

And see that Search button...thats for you!

ha ha

touché

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

It took me twice to get that right and snowstorm took me about 5-6 times. The bastard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Roar wrote: »
    For me, by far, the toughest is Three Leaf Clover, the bank job with packie. The mission goes on for about three and a half weeks, and is unbelievably tough. driving back to packie's in a car with the front wheel shot out made it even tougher. Took me about 10 goes before i got it..

What did you think was the toughest mission?
    Yeah, that one is the toughest mission for me, even though it only took my 3 goes. But those were really hard trying goes, and let me tell ya, it's hard getting to Ma's House with a cop car almost broken down then reaching you're destintion, not knowing that you have to lose the cops to!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

Yea three leaf clover is a right pain in the nomads, have tried it two times so far and failed both times :mad:.

I keep killing Packie cause he gets in the way every frickin time i go to shoot the cops. Hopefully i'l get it this time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

:D Did it on my first attempt, just lob grenades everywhere and make sure the guys are near you when you do, tis easy then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Just finished Three Leaf Clover :D:D:D Happy days

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Just finished Three Leaf Clover :D:D:D Happy days
    Good lad, how many goes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Out of commision lads....the worst is yet to come!!!

Nailz wrote: »
    Good lad, how many goes?

5 IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

Bet 3 leaf clover last night on my fourth attempt.

For some reason Packie was on fire for ages but didnt actually die, was friggin hilarious.

Thank fup i got it out of the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

DarkJager wrote: »
    Out of commision lads....the worst is yet to come!!!

took me a good few tries thanks to the biking and the chase but the shootout was simple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I thought Three leaf clover was dead handy myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Me too, completed it last nite on my second attempt:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Finished Clover around an hour ago, third attempt.

Nice amount of cash you get for it too.. and I was having money troubles! :D

Yeah, I don't think you can run out of that amount of money at all in GTA.

yeah there's feck all to spend it on

although 100 bucks for a ringtone? and i thought those premium rate ringtones advertised on MTV were expensive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kingcurls

Three leaf clover is a major pain in the ass after the 5th time...and having to drive aaaaaaall the way there every time is hassle too...especiall when the 2 sets of dialogue have been said...it becomes a silent car ride of FAIL!any mission that requires you to chase and shoot on a motorbike can be tricky too you would need around 7 fingers on each hand..and some special neuro-powers to miss cars

• Advertisement

Roar wrote: »
    yeah there's feck all to spend it on

although 100 bucks for a ringtone? and i thought those premium rate ringtones advertised on MTV were expensive :D
    Yeah, fúck me they are terribly expensive! But the 'Horny' theme is nice to look at! :D And $5 through the tollbridge is horrid expensive too, let alone €1.80! But in fairness where else would you be able to get a new engine, a new body & paint job for $100?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

$5000 per rocket for the RPG... Still, totally worth it :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

Yeah, fúck me they are terribly expensive! But the 'Horny' theme is nice to look at! :D And $5 through the tollbridge is horrid expensive too, let alone €1.80! But in fairness where else would you be able to get a new engine, a new body & paint job for $100?
    $5 dollars is the real life toll between Queens and Manhattan. That, I can guarentee. So at least that much is realistic.

Is it me or does anyone else think the missions in this game are ridiculously easy? Three Leaf Clover is the only mission that has challenged me so far, and every other GTA game since 3 has had more challenging missions by the bucketload :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Is it me or does anyone else think the missions in this game are ridiculously easy? Three Leaf Clover is the only mission that has challenged me so far, and every other GTA game since 3 has had more challenging missions by the bucketload :rolleyes:

Yep, I think they're easier than before too... I never got around to finishing the story in either Vice City or SA before but I finished GTA IV in just over a week. I'd add "Out of Commission" to the challenging ones though really, only 2 missions in the whole game that were tough to get through... Still, I found the story more engaging in this one and I was more interested in completing it than I was in the previous ones, so maybe that makes some people persist this time around too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think the missions in the previous games would be just as easy if they had the cover system too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

I found that there was no variety in the missions in the game. It's all about going into warehouses and killing everyone or chasing some lad in a car and gunning him down. San andreas had some real variety.

nealmac wrote: »
    $5 dollars is the real life toll between Queens and Manhattan. That, I can guarentee. So at least that much is realistic.
    Still, €1.80 for Drogheda!!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Stephen wrote: »
    I think the missions in the previous games would be just as easy if they had the cover system too.

Have to agree there. For me, this is the major reason gta4 has been much easier than previous games. the cover system makes all the shootouts pretty damn easy; not that its necessarily a bad thing, i bet if i went back and played older games the lack of it would p!ss me off.

As for the bank job mission, i finished it in the first go. the only hard bit it the escaping in the car afterwards but wasnt too bad. the one real annoying thing was when the car got too trashed so ran off to nick a new one and packie kept gettin left behind, go back to get him admist all the cops and cos of a stupid glitch he wouldnt get in the car so had to get out and back in the car before he'd get in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

Still, €1.80 for Drogheda!!! ;)
    Yeah, true. And we still moan about it :p

But yeah, the missions are too easy for the most part I think. Having said that, I think the missions have been getting easier in general as the GTA series has progressed.

Advertisement