Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tough Bastardin Missions *here be spoilers*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Got 3 leaf clover on the 2nd attempt, didn't find it the toughest mission. For any shooting mission I always go and buy body armour in a weapon shop first. Helps to take a few more bullets before you bite one! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Yeah, armour is what helped me get throught the alleys in Three Leaf Clover. Still, on the journey back to Ma's house (while trying to avade to cops) I only had about a tenth of my actual health left. Tight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Clover wasnt too bad.....

After the subway bit i rang KiKi and got rid of the stars and drove back no problem....A Fluke really...

And the Museum one was another Fluke, i ran through the park instead of getting a car and mission complete in a matter of seconds, instead of attempting to drive away and get riddled with bullets again....

That one with the motor bikes in the subway was a pain...i kept crashing into trains....about 10 goes to get past it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

To be honest I found three leaf clover very difficult at first, it took me a good 2-3 hours to get through it, maybe 12-15 attempts. It's a good one though!

Easily the hardest of the 51 missions I've completed to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I completed 3 leaf clover on my first attempt but I had almost zero health after it, and that was using body armour too. Never bothered getting the girlfriends so I couldn't ring them for health or wanted level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

Haven't done it yet, but I'm really dreading 3 leaf clover :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

^

Grenades. Buy lots of grenades and chuck em at the cop cars. That helps.

Yeah that helps. BTW Roar, you can change your sig, it's been approved now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Nailz wrote: »
    Yeah that helps. BTW Roar, you can change your sig, it's been approved now.

cheers, it's been changed now !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Lads i need help in 3 leaf clover:( Now iv only played it about 5 times but its really annoying me now i keep dying when your leaving the subway cops keep coming in the door iv tried just standing there and killing them but no good they keep coming,

iv tried running out but got shot down straight away even before i got out the door.. Any ideas lads i don’t want to use chats and really want to finish this game 100%

• Advertisement

Just leg it to the closest cop car, that's what I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Vain wrote: »
    Lads i need help in 3 leaf clover:( Now iv only played it about 5 times but its really annoying me now i keep dying when your leaving the subway cops keep coming in the door iv tried just standing there and killing them but no good they keep coming,

iv tried running out but got shot down straight away even before i got out the door.. Any ideas lads i don’t want to use chats and really want to finish this game 100%

When coming out of the Subway station veer slightly to the right and there should be a jeep right in front of you, jump in it, wait a few seconds for the others to jump in as well and drive like hell - if you're losing health here then you're doing something wrong as the whole thing of getting to the car, jumping in and waiting for the others should only take 6 or 7 seconds.

By the way, when you go off the subway tracks to go into the "service hatch", instead of going up the first flight of stairs, go to the right of the stairs and there's a first aid kit there that will replenish your health.

Fùck!? I didn't see that! Oh well, I still past it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Three Leaf Clover was a mission I didn't mind getting killed doing. It is fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i completed it once. in one go.

noobs.

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

passed it guys:D cheers for da help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

For 3 leaf clover, use Kiki just before you leave the subway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Dr. Loon wrote: »
    For 3 leaf clover, use Kiki just before you leave the subway.
    Or just get through it without any help!

Yeah, I think cheating in the middle of a mission (especially a mission like this) is bad form. This is ment to be enjoyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 EasterIsland

Or dont go up the stairs to the surface where the cops are.... keeping running out of the subway... you will run outside the 'cop circle' lose your wanted level. You will come out at one of the bridges go rob a car and spin home QED :D

• Advertisement

Or dont go up the stairs to the surface where the cops are.... keeping running out of the subway... you will run outside the 'cop circle' lose your wanted level. You will come out at one of the bridges go rob a car and spin home QED :D
    That's just dodging doing the mission the right way,so why do it at all!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

OK.. so I haven't been playing GTA in a few weeks and I started a game last night at 1am. And the first mission to come up was the infamous 'Three Leaf Clover' so I thought 'ahhhh.. balls, this'll take me a few attempts' but I cleared it first time!

Don't know why people think it's so tough. Plenty of duck and cover and 2 first aid packs (one in an alley and one on your way up the stairs in the subway) along the way. And was still left with half health when I had to outrun the cops. That was probably the most challenging bit of it.

Didn't use any body armour or KiKi.

Really hope there's a tougher mission than that! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

basquille wrote: »
    OK.. so I haven't been playing GTA in a few weeks and I started a game last night at 1am. And the first mission to come up was the infamous 'Three Leaf Clover' so I thought 'ahhhh.. balls, this'll take me a few attempts' but I cleared it first time!

Don't know why people think it's so tough. Plenty of duck and cover and 2 first aid packs (one in an alley and one on your way up the stairs in the subway) along the way. And was still left with half health when I had to outrun the cops. That was probably the most challenging bit of it.

Didn't use any body armour or KiKi.

i'm in the same boat, did both 3 Leaf Clover (which reminded me of a scene out of "HEAT") and Final Interview with no problems whatsoever.

the duck and cover gameplay makes it easy to clear a room

Don't think there is really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

I know it's frowned upon by most hardcore gamers of the game here but have the cheats in your phone so if you get into a difficult situation during a mission you can, well y'know, do the dirty so to speak.

I'm finding 'I Need Your Clothes, Boots And Motorcycle' difficult.. the one where you need to chase down and kill Frankie Garone on a tough as fúck to handle motorcycle where if you crash once - you're fecked. And if you shoot too often at him, cops chase you and ram you, then you're fecked.

Have attempted it 4 - 5 times now with varying results of failure. Leaving it for the night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭rizzla

I have to say, 3 leaf clover and out of commision took me only 2 goes to complete. But Flatline took me 7 or 8 goes, couldn't make it out of the hospital.

I'm finding 'I Need Your Clothes, Boots And Motorcycle'

Is it that te one you start near the theme park on the hog or on a fast bike?!:confused:
    rizzla wrote:
    couldn't make it out of the hospital.

Shur there's f*ck all people to kill in that!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

kmart6 wrote: »
    Or just get through it without any help!
    You're clearly a far superior gamer than me, I'm sorry. By the way, it's not a cheat, it's a piece of gameplay. You either get it or you don't depending if you're into friends/dates or not.

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    Is it that te one you start near the theme park on the hog or on a fast bike?!:confused:
    You start at the back of Gerald McReary's place with the bike..

Advertisement