Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tough Bastardin Missions *here be spoilers*

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭rizzla

kmart6 wrote: »
    Shur there's f*ck all people to kill in that!?

For some reason cops just kept runing into the place and there is nothing for cover in the corridors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

basquille wrote: »
    You start at the back of Gerald McReary's place with the bike..
    Oh yeah,I know the one,bikes are a bitch to control I find at high speed,and have you noticed you could have a clear lane infront of you,but then every car starts pulling into it and nearly the only thing you can do is crash!
    rizzla wrote:
    For some reason cops just kept runing into the place and there is nothing for cover in the corridors

Hmm think I only had 5 or 6! The 3 near the room and then 2 or 3 on the way out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

kmart6 wrote: »
    Oh yeah,I know the one,bikes are a bitch to control I find at high speed,and have you noticed you could have a clear lane infront of you,but then every car starts pulling into it and nearly the only thing you can do is crash!
    Cleared it after another attempt.. problem was I had no real automatic weapon (as I'd run outta bullets on the previous mission) so I was shooting him with my pistol! :D Stopped by the weapon shop and I was good to go then.

Currently on the 'Undertaker' mission looking for Francis McReary's funeral in Suffolk Street. Have my map out as it's not indicating it on the on-screen one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ah yeah,be a bitch with with the pistol alright!

Ah that's easy enough...once you find it:p

Apparently you need to put on a suit and wait for a phone call to indicate the map position..

.. i've been waiting for 2 days (in-game obviously) and still nothing!

Feck this.. i'm putting on 'Rock Band'! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

psh. you wuss.

:D

psh. you wuss.

:D
    The fact I've been staring at my drums set-up for the weekend while awaiting the game (got it this evening) was enough of a reason! :D

And got sick of waiting around for that call too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

rizzla wrote: »
    For some reason cops just kept runing into the place and there is nothing for cover in the corridors.

I'm by no means a good game player but I got killed in "Flat line" as soon as I killed the fella that needed killing (useless at remembering names). The missus was watching me and said why don't you kill the cops outside the room first, so next time round I did that and then killed the other cop in the room and legged it. I think you need to kill 3 more on the way out, two immediately when you make the first turn into the corridor and then either 1 or 2 more at the exit, just into the police car and put the foot down.

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

Apparently you need to put on a suit and wait for a phone call to indicate the map position..

.. i've been waiting for 2 days (in-game obviously) and still nothing!

Check yer shoes - I had to buy new shoes as well as a new suit. It only told me this when I went back to the clothes shop as I was thinking I should have got a black suit. When I went in it said "You need to buy a smart pair of shoes", then hey presto, the funeral directions popped up.

Patrickof wrote: »
    Check yer shoes - I had to buy new shoes as well as a new suit. It only told me this when I went back to the clothes shop as I was thinking I should have got a black suit. When I went in it said "You need to buy a smart pair of shoes", then hey presto, the funeral directions popped up.
    Cheers mate.. that's definitely it.

Better get rid of the ol' Hi-Tec runners so! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

Cleared it after another attempt.. problem was I had no real automatic weapon (as I'd run outta bullets on the previous mission) so I was shooting him with my pistol! :D Stopped by the weapon shop and I was good to go then.

Currently on the 'Undertaker' mission looking for Francis McReary's funeral in Suffolk Street. Have my map out as it's not indicating it on the on-screen one.
    Francis McReary Dies? :eek:

nealmac wrote: »
    Francis McReary Dies? :eek:
    Sorry.. Gerald McReary.

Gerald McReary dies?:eek:

Anyway, I just did the dreaded 3 leaf clover mission last night. And guess what? I passed it first time, and I hardly used any cover at all. I think the secret is to keep pumping your M16 of AK47 or whatever it is you have, while KEEPING YOUR DISTANCE from the cops. Maybe I just got lucky. I don't know. But I do know that when you get out of the subway, don't waste your time trying to kill any more police. Just go for the Huntley SUV parked just where you exit the subway. Then pause the game, and set a waypoint on the nearest pay n spray.

I thought it was a really cool, fun but challenging mission. However, because it's so long, I'd get pretty pissed off having to do it multiple times.

Bump for this!

First time I've sat down to play GTA in weeks - as have been on holidays - and got this 'Catch The Wave' mission that's seriously getting on me tits!

The one where you go to collect cocaine with Phil Bell and it goes sour (who could have guessed!?) and you need to kill a warehouse full of russians but Phil keeps running and getting killed. Third time retrying it now and it's the fact it's take so fecking long to get to it - you collect Phil in the strip club, drive to the truck, and then drive between islands to the docks! :mad:

Just completed that one. Took me 3 goes. Phil is a bit of a loose cannon unfortunately and he doesn't seem to know how to use cover. What I did, was run into the warehouse with all guns blazing (An AK47 is best), have full health an armour, and keep locking on to targets with auto aim, and gunning them down as quickly as possible. There is a first aid kit inside the warehouse to the left. Just don't drive the truck inside. The baddies will riddle it with gunfire and it will explode immediately. Good luck :/

Cheers Neal. Will try that later.

I actually drove the van into the warehouse and straight into an explosive barrel! :D

Haha. Maybe that's what happened me.

Advertisement