Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car pulling to the left!

Options
  • 18-05-2008 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

Hi the gf's 2000 Fiat Punto ELX is pulling a bit to the left and is very noticeable. Had a look around the car and the car is leaning a bit to the left. Anybody got ideas on this.

I am thinking it may be the springs. If so would i be as well to change the springs?

Any other things it could be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Check the tyres. Mate had a slow puncture, and you could see the effect on a straight road. Put a bit of air into it (so it'd be the same pressure as the other side), and that fixed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

First thought would be the tyres/wheels. The tyres may be soft or you may need the wheels balanced or aligned (I'm not sure what the latter is).

Worst case is your initial theory about the springs or suspension.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

The tyres are fine, i usually try keep the car ok for her in terms of air and checking oil coolant levels and the basic stuff.

Might drop into the garage and make sure on the tyre prssures but dont think its that. Its due for a service in another 500 miles or so, so may just wait till then as the mechanic is relative of hers so he usually checks everything over to check.

How will i know if its the springs?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Any older car I had I found that was the issue with them.
    My opinion on this is the camber on the road allows the car to lean to the left and over the years the springs on the left get weaker from the extra weight.
    Leading the car " Pulling to the left"
    New springs I am afraid :(
    or swap the ones from the right to left and vice versa ..! Balance them out :D

Advertisement