Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present for GF?

Options
  • 18-05-2008 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

going out with gf for bout 3/4 months..kinda long distance at the mo so get to see her once twice a week...anyway,what do you rekon would be a nice birthday present,she'll be 26 at the beginning of June? Was thinking about perfume and a sex n city series? whats the best one or do you think thant would be cr*p? any advice warmly accepted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

What is she into?

If she likes perfume and stuff then get her the perfume..which one were you gonna go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ballroom blitz

Yeah something she's into would be better than DVDs etc. To be honest it doesn't look like a lot of thought going into the gift. Something that she specifically has an interest in would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Karlrove

well im looking for advice! what perfumes nice at the mo? Mite get a perfume back and dvd season

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

no one here can give you help until you give them an insight to what your girlfriend likes.

if you don't know what she likes then get to know her and then you'll know yourself and won't have to rely on internet people you don't know buying a present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Cremo wrote: »
    no one here can give you help until you give them an insight to what your girlfriend likes.
    WRONG - crotchless panties are always a winner.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Get her a bottle of perfume. . . Gucci. . . a 100ml bottle. . . nothing less then a 100ml bottle btw. . . . usually around €70 euro. . . and a big bunch of flowers a chocolates and nice sentimental card!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

I would recc the Armani code perfume, but then perfume is a very personal choice..If she likes sweet perfume then I recc Star or Voillette by Thiery Muglar.

Dont get her crotchless panites :eek:

How about getting her a nice newbridge bracelet or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Karlrove wrote: »
    well im looking for advice! what perfumes nice at the mo? Mite get a perfume back and dvd season

Prada Milano.... Its divine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Something thoughtful...a book from one of her favourite authors, one of those hard to find ones would be best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Blow the budget and get her a really nice and classic watch. Be careful with perfume unless you know she wears loads of different kinds.
    A watch is jewellery but not OTT jewellery:D. Most Girls like watches!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Grawns wrote: »
    Blow the budget and get her a really nice and classic watch. Be careful with perfume unless you know she wears loads of different kinds.
    A watch is jewellery but not OTT jewellery:D. Most Girls like watches!

Watches are actually a bad thing to receive in a relationship I thought, something to do with symbolism of time running out.

Or something.

I'd just go with perfume / dvd or book, it's only been four months, you don't want to go mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

apparently a watch represents an intention to marry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Defo would NOT, repeat NOT get any sort of DVD unless she loves her DVD collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

RedXIV wrote: »

I'd heard it signifies a secret engagement....

Re perfume: if you know which brand is her favourite a thoughtful present would be to buy the body wash and body moisturiser that go with it - it's the kind of thing that people don't tend to buy for themselves but like having.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

For a lady proposing to a man it is given instead of an engagement ring.

Then other times, a watch is just a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Yep, it's either a symbol of a hidden engagement, or else the present you give the year BEFORE you give the engagement ring. In saying that I asked for a watch from my OH one year, but I had to assure him it was because I needed one, not for any other reason!! So I'd steer clear of watches!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I had no idea watches were so significant. If my ex had known he would have sh*t himself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Silcocky

Whats your budget?

This may be a long-shot
    Shes obviously a SATC fan....Theres a really fancy hotel in Drogheda and they're doing a SATC themed night all Summer - its pricey at 170 (each), but if you really like this girl/wanna impress her, and you can stretch to it, it'd be fab! Also, as you say its a long distance thing-it'd be nice that its something you can share...

As far as I remember, its pink champagne and cupcakes in your superior room on arrival, SATC-themed cocktail in the funky bar downstairs, three course meal in the restaurant (which I believe is fab), brekkie (in bed?), a €40 shopping voucher for the shopping centre next door..??

As I said...its expensive, and it may be too soon for such a grand gesture, but I was on here reading it, and registered and all, just to tell you!! I may have to start dropping hints to my OH!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

thats an easy one!! you only get to see her twice a week so get her a dildo for the other five days!

de wimmins love em so dey do!

Advertisement