Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching From Smart to UTV - Eircom issue?

Options
  • 18-05-2008 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Love the Broadband Service from Smart but the call costs are killing me(blame the Mrs.).

If I wanted to switch to UTV Anytime would I have any problem with the line or need to get anything changed by Eircom / Smart?

As I changed phone number when I switched to Smart would I keep this number if I moved to UTV or would I have to get an Eircom number back first?

These might seem like silly questions but I would like to know before I sign up to anything having been burned by Eircom in the past.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

Kilteragh wrote: »
    Love the Broadband Service from Smart but the call costs are killing me(blame the Mrs.).

If I wanted to switch to UTV Anytime would I have any problem with the line or need to get anything changed by Eircom / Smart?

As I changed phone number when I switched to Smart would I keep this number if I moved to UTV or would I have to get an Eircom number back first?

These might seem like silly questions but I would like to know before I sign up to anything having been burned by Eircom in the past.

When cancelling with Smart best would be to ask them their cancellation procedure. Its always good practice to cancel a direct debit with your bank if you do have one setup.

To transfer to UTV you'll have to get reconnected with Eircom first. You will have to get a new number and account number from Eircom and then order with UTV. When reordering with Eircom best not tell them you are going to switch to UTV just ask to have a line set up and the account number posted out. Prepare for a few weeks with out broadband in the mean time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Kilteragh wrote: »

Why not switch to Smarts bundled call service? Or, since you have a decent broadband connection, you should look at other VOIP services like Blueface.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Kilteragh

admol wrote: »
    When cancelling with Smart best would be to ask them their cancellation procedure. Its always good practice to cancel a direct debit with your bank if you do have one setup.

To transfer to UTV you'll have to get reconnected with Eircom first. You will have to get a new number and account number from Eircom and then order with UTV. When reordering with Eircom best not tell them you are going to switch to UTV just ask to have a line set up and the account number posted out. Prepare for a few weeks with out broadband in the mean time.
    jor el wrote: »
    Why not switch to Smarts bundled call service? Or, since you have a decent broadband connection, you should look at other VOIP services like Blueface.

Thanks Guys. Must check out the bundled call service. Never even occurred to me.

Advertisement