Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gumpert ?

Options
  • 18-05-2008 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

Yepp ...Gumpert !

Doesn't exactly roll of the tongue (not even the native one) ...but would you look at that :

gal3.jpg

Gumpert Apollo, road legal race car with a 4.2 modified Audi engine, 800 bhp (or thereabaouts) and 800 NM

Apparently it creates so much downforce that you could (theoretically) drive it at speed on the ceiling of a tunnel, upside down

http://www.sportwagen-manufaktur.de/eng/index_html.html#

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

And they are competing at this weeks Nurburgring 24hrs race with a hybrid! See here.

I think it's a class car, might not be the prettiest but it's exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,424 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

peasant wrote: »
    Apparently it creates so much downforce that you could (theoretically) drive it at speed on the ceiling of a tunnel, upside down

In the clip, your man claims it can do that. I'd be a bit more impressed if he just showed us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

peasant wrote: »
    Yepp ...Gumpert !

Doesn't exactly roll of the tongue (not even the native one) ...but would you look at that :

gal3.jpg

Gumpert Apollo, road legal race car with a 4.2 modified Audi engine, 800 bhp (or thereabaouts) and 800 NM

http://www.sportwagen-manufaktur.de/eng/index_html.html#

Now thats a car! chances of seeing skangers in one? chances of me (18 year old 1 year NCD) getting insured.. ah well just keep playing the lotto lol

It looks like it drove through the tacky rubbish section of halfords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

the name alone would put me off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i wonder if i add a type-R badge how much hp will i gain ?? works for honda's :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

ronoc wrote: »
    It looks like it drove through the tacky rubbish section of halfords.

hehe...you could be right there ...I still like it though:

gal3.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

unkel wrote: »
    In the clip, your man claims it can do that. I'd be a bit more impressed if he just showed us :D
    Me too but there wouldn't be anywhere long enough with no light fittings etc to do it!

Advertisement