Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mourne Close, Skerries

Options
  • 18-05-2008 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm looking into buying a house in skerries. does any one have any information on Mourne Close. Is it far for shops, school, etc. Is it quiet? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

If it's in Mourne View estate in Skerries then it's pretty far from the town centre (although there is a convenience shop in the estate). It's a former council estate with a rough enough reputation - but I think it's a bit quieter now. IMO you would be better off somewhere closer to the town - it's a long walk home from the pubs on a Saturday night! Plus if you don't have a car, it's also a long way to drag your shopping home.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

Mourne Close is part of the greater development of Mourne View. Mourne View is about a ten minute walk form the town centre. It has its own junior School (Realt Na Mara), within the estates. New shops and restaurants are been built very near it too. It has a bad reputation from when it was first built back in the late 50’s/70’s and 80’s but as stated it is maturing and is now been bought up slowly by private vendors. Like most Council estates anywhere if anything happens in the town it’s blamed on them automatically weather it’s true or not. Don’t get me wrong it does have its social problems. It’s now surrounded by “The Rock” and “Kelly’s Bay” etc…Private Estates that seem to surround it on both sides.

Skerries is a very desirable town to bring kids up in and it still has that small town feel in it but im sure those days are numbered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

DubArk wrote: »
    Mourne Close is part of the greater development of Mourne View. Mourne View is about a ten minute walk form the town centre. It has its own junior School (Realt Na Mara), within the estates. New shops and restaurants are been built very near it too. It has a bad reputation from when it was first built back in the late 50’s/70’s and 80’s but as stated it is maturing and is now been bought up slowly by private vendors. Like most Council estates anywhere if anything happens in the town it’s blamed on them automatically weather it’s true or not. Don’t get me wrong it does have its social problems. It’s now surrounded by “The Rock” and “Kelly’s Bay” etc…Private Estates that seem to surround it on both sides.

Skerries is a very desirable town to bring kids up in and it still has that small town feel in it but im sure those days are numbered.

Compared to a lot of Council estates in Blanchardstown and Tallaght this place is nothing. Theres a few muppets who try to beat up "different" looking kids, my cousins had a house up there and were roughed up if they walked alone anywhere near the Mourners. But they are just windbags. Even a Spanish girl could give them a few slaps and send them home to mama.

Advertisement