Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kenny Dope

• 18-05-2008 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Anyone else from here going to see Kenny Dope in the Tivoli on May 31st?

Can't wait for this should be a top nite of quality House music.:cool:

Comments

Didn't realise he was due to play here.

A living legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭aidan kelly

As far as I know, Kenny Dope is playing a hip-hop and disco set in the Tivoli, not a house set, as the gig is being promoted by Choice Cuts. Should still be brilliant, it just won't be a house set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

As far as I know, Kenny Dope is playing a hip-hop and disco set in the Tivoli, not a house set, as the gig is being promoted by Choice Cuts. Should still be brilliant, it just won't be a house set.

wow a Disco set superb im itching to hear some Disco...deadly :D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Sounds interesting, probably remain that way for me though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 DaMooseDog

went to kenny dope last night....yeah he mashed it up, played a bit of everything - soul, funk, disco, only played house at the end of the night - really gud set, shame that there wasn't a bigger crowd at it tho..... theres a few tracks he played that i'd love to find!!

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm a massive MAW fan, but €28 plus booking fee for only half of the duo seemed a bit ridiculous to me. I know Remedy got dogs abuse for charging the same price for the Villalobos gig in the Tivoli, but when Choice Cuts were charging this for Kenny Dope nobody batted an eyelid, which seems a tad unfair. If they had have priced the gig reasonably to begin with I'm sure they would have gotten a bigger crowd in.

Aidan i only paid a score at the door.

Have to say it was a brilliant nite, the man like Kenny Dope didn't disappoint,played a stunning mixture of Disco, Funk, Hip Hop, Soul, Garage and funky House,you not gonna get many dj's brave enough to mix up so many styles and make it sound good but Kenny Dope did, great nite, nice crowd, nice to say hello to Billy Scurry and Liam Dollard as well,would love to see Kenny Dope and hopefully his MAW return to Dublin again.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 DaMooseDog

yeah, have to agree, 28 bills is ridiculous - i mean i'm headin to NYC at end of month +all the house gigs there are between 10-20 dollars (dj spinna, louis vega, kevin hedge) so I dunno how any promoter here can expect a decent crowd at a dj gig if they're chargin nearly 30 euros - i could have had at least a dozen others with me last night but at that price its a tough sell.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ROBDOW

Were Dollard and Scurry playin aswell ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

DaMooseDog wrote: »
    yeah, have to agree, 28 bills is ridiculous - i mean i'm headin to NYC at end of month +all the house gigs there are between 10-20 dollars (dj spinna, louis vega, kevin hedge) so I dunno how any promoter here can expect a decent crowd at a dj gig if they're chargin nearly 30 euros - i could have had at least a dozen others with me last night but at that price its a tough sell.....
    its that cheap over here because there american djs.plus louis vegas night is a weeknight and its his residency.
    domestic flights are so cheap over here it keeps the costs down by having american djs play everywhere.
    problem is that that means we never get the better djs over here.promoters seem to only book the really big name djs and never take a chance on up and coming djs or producers.

• Advertisement

jonny68 wrote: »
    Aidan i only paid a score at the door.

Have to say it was a brilliant nite, the man like Kenny Dope didn't disappoint,played a stunning mixture of Disco, Funk, Hip Hop, Soul, Garage and funky House,you not gonna get many dj's brave enough to mix up so many styles and make it sound good but Kenny Dope did, great nite, nice crowd, nice to say hello to Billy Scurry and Liam Dollard as well,would love to see Kenny Dope and hopefully his MAW return to Dublin again.:)

I didn't know it was €20 in Jonny, it was €28 plus booking fee on ticketmaster during the week, but €20 seems pretty reasonable to me. I've seen Kenny DJ a couple of times, every time he was really impressive. He's just a class act really, I hope he comes back later in the year.

ROBDOW wrote: »
    Were Dollard and Scurry playin aswell ?

Not sure mate i think Scurry may have bee on before Kenny Dope, i only got in as Kenny Dope was starting.

Advertisement