Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

At wits end....

• 18-05-2008 7:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice in relation to noise pollution.

Closeby to my house, clay pigeon/target shooting takes place most wednesdays and some sundays throughout the Summer.

Noise is unbearable for 3 hours and more each time.

Sundays from 12 midday to about 3 or 4.

Wednesdays from 6 to about 9.

To make matters worse, its on the side of a mountain with lots of trees which makes the sound reverberate and echo.

As far as i can tell, my options to tackle this problem are to go to district court. The guards have told me they cannot do anything. The Council also have told me they cannot do anything.

Just wondering if these are actually all my options. Also wondering if i can actually get the Council to take the case to the District court on my behalf.

The relevant Act is the EPa Act i believe. the sections are Section 108 and 109.

Help would be much appreciated.

Also is anyone familiar with whole licencing area for shooting clubs....The firearms themselves is one issue and this is dealt with on an individual basis for each shooter, by the Gardai. But the whole club licencing, times they are allowed shoot etc....and safety issues must be addressed somewhere, by some means of a licence, but i cant figure out where......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

You'll have to take the case to the district court yourself. The council won't do it on your behalf.

But it only cost €18 plus postage to serve the summons by reg post on the gun club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭construct06

dont want to be seen as a sole objector, less weight attached to argument. there are other neighbours annoyed also, so was hoping that the LA would take on our behalf....more clout...

Anyway i believe they have the power but rarely utilise it...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement