Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Problems with BT

Options
  • 18-05-2008 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

I'm in fairness a networking novice but I set up the Network at home using a Zyxel modem and a Belkin Wireless router. The network was working absolutley fine I had my laptop, my Dads one, my Ps3 and my brothers wii on it. But recently it decided it wouldn't allow any downloads. I can look at web pages with all the devices but downloads start then just stop after maybe 5%. Being a Games developer(in training) playing them is my thing and not being able to do so is really annoying. Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

set the MTU to 1492 in the modem and/ or wireless router if the setting is available

turn off DHCP in the ZYXEL and leave the wireless router to do DHCP

you may have to put the DNS settings manually into the Wireless router

make sure your PCS are set to automatically aquire an IP address , if you have used fixed then put in the gateway of the wireless router , not the Zyxel

Lastly make sure the wirless router and the modem are on different subnet for best operation

eg Zyxel , 192.168.1.x and wirless eg 192.168.2.x etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

ok thanks for the help, how do I go about changing those settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Try pluging your laptop directly into the zyxel with a network cable. If that works fine, then its a wireless issue.

Advertisement