Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy tortillas?

• 18-05-2008 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Getting tired of paying nearly €3 for a pack of six tortilla wraps when I know that a lot more than half that is mark-up. And I could probably make my own, but tortillas are one of the few things on the list of stuff I can cook but won't because they take up too much time (tortillas are for throw-stuff-together type food, not plan-the-meal-six-days-in-advance food like pizzas :D ).

Anyone got any suggestions as to where to go to buy them for a sane price? Own-brand stuff, no-brand stuff, don't really care all that much.

(Oh, and suggestions for places for the basic staples like rice and such wouldn't be discarded either ;) )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Captain Corelli

There is an Indian/middle eastern shop a stones throw away from St. Mary's Church/ Oliver St. John Gogarthy. You can get larger packets of Tortillas there. You can also get rice and other staples cheaper.

I have seen own brand tortillas in supermarket chains, but not regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Lidl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Tesco do their own brand - healthy living - ones. I think they are fairly cheep cheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

I find it very hard to get wholegrain tortillas...can anyone help!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I find it very hard to get wholegrain tortillas...can anyone help!?

You mean wholemeal? I'm sure you can get them in the US, but I've never seen them here. I've seen wholemeal in Tesco.

• Advertisement
Advertisement