Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Podcasts

• 18-05-2008 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭

Suppose this is the wrong time of the season to be discussing this, any one listen to Football Weekly with James Richardson. I think its excellent also has two Irish lads on it Paul Doyle and Barry Glendenning. Does anyone else listen to this Podcast or does anyone have any other good Football Podcasts they can recommend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Love Football weekly, Paul Doyle has a good knowledge but does anyone else think Barry actually knows very little.

You could also try The Times weekly football podcast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

For Football/ Sport:

The Game - Times online
    Football Weekly - The Guardian
    The Week in Football - Oleole.com
    Forza Futbol - Champions Soccer Radio
    Fighting Talk - BBC 5 Live
    L'Esport al punt - Catalunya Ràdio

And then generally:

The Guardian Daily - A daily news pod
    Alguna pregunta més - a daily news and political comedy podcast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Id tend to agree, Paul really does know his stuff, but I do enjoy Barry, he has a funny element about him.

I like the correspondents also, Sid Lowe, Rafa Hornigstein, the Brazilian bloke and Argentine woman, their names escape me.

eZe^ wrote: »
    For Football/ Sport:

The Game - Times online
    Football Weekly - The Guardian
    The Week in Football - Oleole.com
    Forza Futbol - Champions Soccer Radio
    Fighting Talk - BBC 5 Live
    L'Esport al punt - Catalunya Ràdio

And then generally:

The Guardian Daily - A daily news pod
    Alguna pregunta més - a daily news and political comedy podcast
    Excellent stuff I will give these a go always looking for new footie podcasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

That barry fella is a tool. Only part of that podcast i dont like.

I prefer the game podcast with Gabrielle Marcotti and Guillem Balague.

• Advertisement

Is that Marcotti guy from the Gazetta Della Sport, biggish bloke with an American/Italian accent often on Sky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Yep i believe that would be correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Barry Glenwhatshisface really irks me. Seems to know fack all about football, but loves the sound of his own voice.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I always enjoy Sid Lowe's contribution.

Anyone else miss the chopped together lyrics from songs that they used to use when introducing Sid Lowe and Kevin McCarra? Anyone even know what I am taking about.

Am I the only one who listens to very little music on their iPod, and spends most of their time on it trying to get through each subscribed podcast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Can't stand those tools on the Football Weekly one. Give me The Game any day.

Also listen to the official City podcast on a weekly basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Is there/could there be such a thing as a Boards.ie Soccer Podcast?

• Advertisement

There isn't at the moment but there definitely could be alright yeah. Something I had thought about when the other podcasts started kicking off. Could be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Archimedes wrote: »
    Is there/could there be such a thing as a Boards.ie Soccer Podcast?
    I'm involved with the "official" one, so if anyone wants to give this a go, I'd be up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Crapjob Sean

Football Weekly is a decent piece of work.
    Glendenning is there for comic relief, the rest of the guys give the more 'serious' analysis.

James Richardson is a fairly witty host and I like Kevin McCarra's contributions.
    What was up with Doyle today though?
    Don't let keepers pick up the ball? Lay off the coke there, Paul lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

DesF wrote: »
    I'm involved with the "official" one, so if anyone wants to give this a go, I'd be up for it.

I don't mind doing a La Liga section if there's any interest in other leagues on the podcast.

Football Weekly is a decent piece of work.
    Glendenning is there for comic relief, the rest of the guys give the more 'serious' analysis.

James Richardson is a fairly witty host and I like Kevin McCarra's contributions.
    What was up with Doyle today though?
    Don't let keepers pick up the ball? Lay off the coke there, Paul lad.

James Richardson is excellent imo, initially did not like Kevin but actually think he is very good now,Doyle is good,and the bloke that does the Spanish football is excellent as for Glendenning don't even think he is that funny,the odd time he will come out with a good line, lately he just seems to sit in on the pod but says very little apart from talking about his local gaa team :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

OPENROAD wrote: »
    James Richardson is excellent imo

Woof!

So, I downloaded the Guardian one last night and listened to it on the way to work.

It was ok-ish.

Better than them two wittering morons Colm and DimJim and Ger and Claire on Newstalk, but I switched over to Morning Ireland for the hourly news halfway through.

What are the release dates for the other ones?

WOOF indeed haha :)

So, I downloaded the Guardian one last night and listened to it on the way to work.

It was ok-ish.

Better than them two wittering morons Colm and DimJim and Ger and Claire on Newstalk, but I switched over to Morning Ireland for the hourly news halfway through.

What are the release dates for the other ones?
    This is the primary reason I listen to it, anything better than Today fm or 2fm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Id definitely be up for it, whats needed to organise it though?

• Advertisement

Archimedes wrote: »
    Id definitely be up for it, whats needed to organise it though?
    People, and a place to record.

I can do the first part, and could ask about the second part.

Started listening to the Game podcast with Phil Jupitus lately , its very good, and I am even starting to like Gabrielle Marcotti(Italian Football Journalist)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Gabriel Marcotti from the game is brilliant, though it was better when Guillem Ballague was there too.
    Football weekly has James Richardson, who is just fantastic, and Sid Lowe from a train in Madrid, who is equally fantastic.

Barry Glendenning is a tool though. Look at his picture on the guardian website. You may want to punch him.

Gabriel Marcotti from the game is brilliant, though it was better when Guillem Ballague was there too.
    Football weekly has James Richardson, who is just fantastic, and Sid Lowe from a train in Madrid, who is equally fantastic.

Barry Glendenning is a tool though. Look at his picture on the guardian website. You may want to punch him.

It's like you're in my head!

Ya I rarely listen to football weekly much anymore, Paul Doyle is class but Glendenning is plod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Des wrote: »
    People, and a place to record.

I can do the first part, and could ask about the second part.

you don't need a place to record, just make sure everyone has skype and computer mics - I think you can set up a group call and record that. I think that is what the lads on the PW forum do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭daosulli

'Off the ball' do a nightly football podcast . the hot topic of batch bread!!! was been discussed last week, :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

Cork City FC podcast: http://www.corkcityfc.ie/podcast.rss

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I used to listen to World Soccer Daily. Its two english guys on an American radio station and the show is just uploaded as a podcast.

I always thought it was very good but it was a lot of work trying to get through them all since there's a new one added every day and they're 2 hours long :eek:

2 hours each day you say? Hmmmmm that could be handy to kill some time in work....

link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

I used to listen to World Soccer Daily. Its two english guys on an American radio station and the show is just uploaded as a podcast.

I always thought it was very good but it was a lot of work trying to get through them all since there's a new one added every day and they're 2 hours long :eek:

if you dislike cocky Chelsea fans and Robbie Earl's punditry then this podcast is not for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

BBC Sportsweek is quite good. Tis out on a Sunday, and covers a range of sport, but when there is something big going on in football, it is excellent. I remember at the time of the Keegan debacle, it was the only podcast/radio program/T.V. program/SSN where I heard an interview with the chief of the LMA, who was acting on behalf of Keegan. The rest generally just ran with rumour and 'sources close to them'.

Regarding non sports ones, the Adam and Joe podcast is excellent, and for anyone who hasn't acquired the old XFM Ricky Gervais/Steve Merchant/Karl Pilkington podcasts, who really should. Best podcast by a long way.

By the way, I ffin hate Glendenning. One of the smuggest men you will ever on broadcast media. I chuckled heartily when his beloved Sunderland went down a peg or two last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

5Live Daily & Guardian Weekly are all you need.

I love Five live on a Tuesday night Danny Baker, not your usual 606 but very good and enjoy Issy also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anybody tried the new Revista De La Liga Xtra video podcast Sky Sports have started, they only started it last week. Seems fairly decent, they have Guillem Balague, Graham Hunter and yer man who presents the full show on Sky on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Anybody tried the new Revista De La Liga Xtra video podcast Sky Sports have started, they only started it last week. Seems fairly decent, they have Guillem Balague, Graham Hunter and yer man who presents the full show on Sky on it.
    Nice one, will defo check that out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've been on the guardian podcast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

wow really?
    which episode were you in the pub for the euro edition.

Sorry I meant to say I got mentioned on a podcast a couple of times (when they do the blog reactions) :p

Its been a month or two.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    I love Five live on a Tuesday night Danny Baker, not your usual 606 but very good and enjoy Issy also.

I've listened to that about 4 or 5 times and never again. Danny Baker irritates the fuck out of me.

mike65 wrote: »
    Its been a month or two.

were you mentioned as a poster on this forumor the guardian blog?

or are you a friend of paul/barry

or are you famous in real life?.

He was mentioned for a comment he sent in to the Guardian blog. It was read out on air and he was named. I heard it at the time.

ah less exciting but still an honor.

good morning xavi any craic in australia these days?

any graduate jobs going for irish students?

The craic ain't bad at the moment. Weather's been pretty solid lately.

We haven't hit a recession yet so you'd still probably pick up a job if you were here permanently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement