Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Podcasts

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

cool sounds good.

The Irish Governemnt hired their first ever economics PHD student for the department of finance this year, Lenihan himself is a lawyer.

In australia its been their policy for a long time to hire top economists and even actuaries etc and they are in a much better situation I believe.
    they were very strict on the banks with regard to bad debt and its paying off and deservedly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

mike65 wrote: »
    I've been on the guardian podcast.

Another mention of mike65ie in this week's podcast thanks to this stunning post -

"Wolves - discuss"

Insightful as always! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Another mention of mike65ie in this week's podcast thanks to this stunning post -

"Wolves - discuss"

Insightful as always! :P

Heh, heard it too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Anyone listen to the football ramble? its just a few lads chatting away but its great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I usually listen to Football Weekly. James Richardson is a great host and I actually like Barry Glendenning. He can be a knob sometimes but he usually makes me chuckle. Also Sean Ingle is pretty funny too but I don't think it is intentional most of the time. Sid Lowe in Spain is superb and Rafa Honingstein is pretty good too. I remember the musical intros that they used to play and they should definitely bring them back

I absolutely cannot stant The Game podcast. Every time I listen to it, I want to punch the wall listening to Gabrielle Marcotti. Such a pompous twat and mostly his opinions are just based on being louder than everyone else. He should be dropped and Guillem Balague brought back. On that note, I'll be checking out the revisita podcast too. Although I wish they would make an audio only file.

Oh and no thread about podcasts can be complete without a mention of the wittertainment provided by the king of podcasts, Mark Kermode's movie reviews with Simon Mayo on 5 live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Mr65 made another Guardian appearance today with an homage to Roy Hodgson.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Sid Lowe is IMO one of the best Football corespondent's in the field,he has great links all over the game and as such is nearly always on the ball as they say.I like James Richardson as a host on Football Weekly but not a mad fan of his TV work,he was goo back in the day on C4 doing the Italian football.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dub13 wrote: »
    Sid Lowe is IMO one of the best Football corespondent's in the field,he has great links all over the game and as such is nearly always on the ball as they say.I like James Richardson as a host on Football Weekly but not a mad fan of his TV work,he was goo back in the day on C4 doing the Italian football.

Yeuch! :D

As for Hodgsen just though he was worthy of a mention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Five Live's World Football Phone In with Doton Adebayo , Tim Vickery and Sean Wheelock is excellent

Advertisement