Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are TV repair men an extinct species?

Options
  • 18-05-2008 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I know that TVs are not made to be repaired anymore, but I have a great CRT TV that died the other evening and would love a good old fashioned TV repair man to have a look at it before I dump it.

It is in my children's play room and it will kill me to spend a lot of money on a new one just to watch the kiddie-stuff they watch on it....

Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

I had one repaired about 3 years ago, and it cost €125. That was to be the minimum cost. They had to send it away to Kerry (I think) which is why there was a minimum charge.

Best bet is to ask in store. (Urlan TV use to do repairs. Don't know if they still do.)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Dumdum McCarthy

i recently got my tv fixed in limerick city.i found it hard to actually found it hard to find a tv repair guy but heres the guys name number who fixed mine.michael keyes 24 little gerald griffen st limerick..ph061414320.may 40euro to look at it first to open it up??he wil tell u if it is worth it or not id say!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

Thank you for your replies!

Dumdum - no answer from your contact....

5h4mr0(k - I rang Urlan and a lovely helpful girl there said to drop it in tomorrow - €35 deposit and no money is spent on the repair without checking with you first and if you repair it then the deposit is taken off the bill so that sounds positive!! And it only takes a couple of days.

I also rang Kielys - €50 just for the pleasure of having a look at it and you won't hear from them for at least 2-3 weeks :eek: - so thanks but no thanks.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

i recently got my tv fixed in limerick city.i found it hard to actually found it hard to find a tv repair guy but heres the guys name number who fixed mine.michael keyes 24 little gerald griffen st limerick..ph061414320.may 40euro to look at it first to open it up??he wil tell u if it is worth it or not id say!

+1 for Micheal Keyes. Dropped the father in laws tv in there recently. Worth a visit. Not sure what his number is but he's still there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i think michael keyes is the guy i heard of in limerick who has invented a method for fixing broken tubes, apparently the only person who can do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

theres a guy on upper thomas street. near the health food shop. Mick Ray TV i think, fixed a projector for me before

Advertisement