Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda RX8 - Radiator Light

Options
  • 18-05-2008 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

Lads,

The radiator light on my RX8 came on about three weeks ago when I was on the motorway and had been driving for c.3 hrs. It then went off when I clutched in and didn't come on again.

When I got back home I checked the coolant level and it was low so I topped it up.

I have done some long journeys since then and it hasn't come on until today when I was again on the motorway. I've checked the coolant level and it seems fine so I reckon I'll take it down to the Mazda dealer this week and get it checked out.

In the meantime does anyone have any idea what else it could be? Maybe another RX8 owner on here has had a similar problem?

Thanks,

R

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Hand a coolant light on my old 2004 rx 8 come on. Topped up the coolant and it went away and never returned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

The light coming on seems to happen to a few owners and in most cases it's nothing to worry about. Best take it to the dealer just to be safe though

Clicky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭rigal

The light coming on seems to happen to a few owners and in most cases it's nothing to worry about. Best take it to the dealer just to be safe though

Clicky

Thanks for that, very interesting and glad to see I'm not on my own! Seems like some of the dealers don't even know why it's happening in some cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Stufinnegan

on my 2004 RX8 that light has come on after a long drive when I hit 6000RPM +. levels where fine. possibly a faulty sensor. Nought to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭rigal

Cheers for the posts lads.

I had it in with the dealer last week and they said there is no problem with the engine (and yet they still haven't figured out exactly why it's happening :rolleyes:).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ail246

I had the same problem as described above. It was especially noticeable when I was in cruise control. I had read on another forum that this was related to a faulty float sensor that is built into the radiator reservoir bottle.
    It wasn't cheap ($300+) but replacing this bottle and it's sensor fixed the problem.
    On the other forum, the suggestion was to just disconnect this sensor. I didn't want to do that for two reasons:
    1) If there IS a problem, I want to know about it.
    2) I hope to sell this bucket of bolts soon, and I don't want this issue when a prospective buyer is inspecting the car.

Advertisement