Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera Repair?

Options
  • 18-05-2008 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

Does anyone know anywhere in the city where i can get a camera repaired.
    The camera is working ok I think it is just the lens thats damaged, can that be fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Whelan's (nextdoor to the Chicken Hut) on O'Connell St should be worth a try. Though they may only be able to send it off to the manufacture. I had a problem with mine a few years ago and they told me there'd be a minimum hand-in charge of €100 (plus extras if any parts had to be replaced) because it was going to have to be sent away to the manufacturers in the UK. So instead I moved to Qatar and got it fixed out there, it cost about €30 although it took about 5 months as they had to order a few new parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

Thanks for that.
    Ya I'll try that Whelans place, but if its going to cost €100 + I may aswell buy a new camera

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

or you could move to Qatar..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

I got mine done in Camera Care in Dame Street..the have a website (cameracare.ie) cheap enough

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

thelad wrote: »
    I got mine done in Camera Care in Dame Street..the have a website (cameracare.ie) cheap enough

Where abouts in Limerick is Dame Street.

As for wheelans, they won't do repairs on cameras they didn't sell. I tried to get them to repair one for me earlier in the year and the guy behind the counter flatly refused to accept it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

lezizi wrote: »
    Does anyone know anywhere in the city where i can get a camera repaired.
    The camera is working ok I think it is just the lens thats damaged, can that be fixed?

I bet you have a nikon that you turned on while still in the case...better off buying a new one!!

Advertisement