Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus Problem with Display Cluster

Options
  • 18-05-2008 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I have a 2001 Ford Focus (137k on the clock). My speedometer & distance reading gauges in the display cluster has recently started acting up i.e. the speedometer would suddenly drop to 0 & the distance reading would show "----".

I noticed that Ford UK have recently accepted that this is a fault with the car & offered to replace same for £99stg. The Ford dealer told me last week that it would cost €500 to replace.

Has anyone else had this problem & have Ford Ireland replied similarly to Ford UK?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

My missus is in exactly the same situation. Shiels in Limerick reflashed the ECU first (for free) in case that might fix it. That didn't work, so it's going back in next week for further investigation. I'll let you know what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 castleman

I rang Ford Customer Support in Cork & let them know that this issue was raised in the UK, where ford accepted that it was a fault & agreed to replace the cluster (for a stg £99charge).

The chap in Ford accepted that other customers had a similar problem & he is due to revert to me in the next few days!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Velocitee

I have a 2001 Ford Focus (137k on the clock). My speedometer & distance reading gauges in the display cluster has recently started acting up i.e. the speedometer would suddenly drop to 0 & the distance reading would show "----".

I noticed that Ford UK have recently accepted that this is a fault with the car & offered to replace same for £99stg. The Ford dealer told me last week that it would cost €500 to replace.

Has anyone else had this problem & have Ford Ireland replied similarly to Ford UK?

my last car, a '00 fiesta did this the first couple of days after I bought it

turned out to be the alternator (after dealer trying much parts - at no cost to me - ...thank you warranty!)

very freaky when it happened at night as the headlights would dim as well :)

^ Anyway keep this in mind as a replacement display may not be the solution

Advertisement