Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser eye surgery in Waterford

• 18-05-2008 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

I'm half thinking of getting my eyes zapped over the summer and just wondering how people who got it done in Waterford in the past feel about it now? Glad you did it? Happy with the place that did it? How much? etc..

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

I got it done 2 years ago in Waterford eye clinic (O'Reilly I think was the guys name).
    It was a good experience all round, cost about 4k in total (2k per eye).

Unfortunately for me, my new brilliant eyesight only lasted about one month, and then I went short sighted again (but not as bad as before).
    I have to wear glasses/lenses now for driving and watching TV.

I would reccomend it, but don't expect 100% good result

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Heard similar storys to above. Heard other sucess storys also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

deise-lady wrote: »
    I got it done 2 years ago in Waterford eye clinic (O'Reilly I think was the guys name).
    It was a good experience all round, cost about 4k in total (2k per eye).

Unfortunately for me, my new brilliant eyesight only lasted about one month, and then I went short sighted again (but not as bad as before).
    I have to wear glasses/lenses now for driving and watching TV.

I would reccomend it, but don't expect 100% good result

Did you go back for a "top up", or let them know it had deteriorated slightly again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

I did go back and get one eye redone, the good vision lasted about a week and then receded again, so I didn't bother getting the 2nd eye redone.

that said, I used to be about -5 in both eyes, and now I'm -1.5, so it's a pretty good result.

A friend of mine got it done by the same guy in Waterford and she has 20/20 vision for the last 4 years, she did have really dry eyes for a good while, but that seems to have cleared itself up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭qork

I got it done in Waterford with O' Rielly over 4 years ago, and I have 2020 vision, very happy with the results. Prior to that I had been tested in one of these "bargain" type places in Dublin, avoid at all costs, spend the money, get the job done properly!!
    Q.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Had the assesment done last week down there. Everything seemd ok. I'm having someone get more info about the place before I go and get the surgery tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I had mine done feb '07 I was very far sighted with a slight lazy eye and it was explained to me that it'd wouldn't last forever as a far sighted person your eye sight gets deterioriates every year and I was told that in about 10 years time I'd be back wearing glasses, which is fine with me. Mr O'Reilly was very nice and explained everything about the procedure on both days he reassured me and explained what was going to happen next.

Everyones eye sight will detioriate by the time they're in the 60's it's a part of the aging process.

I'm glad I got my eyes done. You can claim a certain amount of it back at the end of the tax year just fill in your Med 1 form.

If you want to PM with any other questions feel free.

Advertisement