Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeteor - Native iPhone app for WebTexts

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's alright, I'm not too worried about it. I barely send 200 texts a month on this phone, and I get 100 as my package. Just nice to have the alternative. I definitely won't use more than 250, so it's all good.

Great app. Suprised Apple approved it though, as they seem to be finicky about apps that cost their operator money (NetShare...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

chrislad wrote: »
    Suprised Apple approved it though, as they seem to be finicky about apps that cost their operator money (NetShare...)

I was surprised myself but I guess the app isn't breaking any T&C in their deal with O2. I'd say if O2 ever put pressure on them, it'd be removed fairly quickly. Good thing there's always the jailbreak option!

I'm on Meteor myself, so I mainly use the app to text O2 & Vodafone numbers. Basically all my texts are free now, which adds up to a few quid saved each month.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 db40

ah right, that'll do it. it's only available in the ireland store (plus a few others) at the moment. i'll enable it for canada so that you can access it.
    Howdie. Is it difficult to enable for different countries' itunes stores? If it's no bother could you make in available on the US store? I've my account set up there so as I can rent movies etc. I'd pay for it on that. I'm trying not to jailbreak my wee iPhone.

Fair play for your programming skills.

hi there, sorry for the late reply. i'll enable this for you, no hassle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Any idea if/when Vodafone support will be added?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Already has been. Check the App Store for updates.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

chrislad wrote: »
    Already has been. Check the App Store for updates.

So it has - thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭demosuzki

ah right, that'll do it. it's only available in the ireland store (plus a few others) at the moment. i'll enable it for canada so that you can access it.

and sweden please !!

/ds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,944 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just noticed EirText is #1 in the Free Apps in the Irish AppStore.

demosuzki wrote: »
    and sweden please !!

/ds

i've just enabled this. keep an eye out for it in the swedish store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

says login failed when i try to login to vodfone, have tried at least 5 times, password is correct

I'm on vodafone but have an 086 number

it looks like vodafone have changed their webtext server from myvodafone.ie to just vodafone.ie which seems to have broken support again.

i've checked the new address in the version i am working on and it's connecting, so it looks like vodafone users will have to wait until v1.2 for a fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭demosuzki

i've just enabled this. keep an eye out for it in the swedish store.

its live...

wonder how many downloads your get from here :-)

thanks for this.

/ds

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

Great app Vincent...works perfectly on meteor for me on my touch.

Ever think about an S60 version?

F

Thanks! I'm not sure if there's a need for a S60 version. Isn't there an app called Cabbage that does the same thing? I might be wrong on that one...

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

Yes, cabbage works great ...thnx 4 the tip. The url is http://www.cabaal.org/cabbage/index.php

It also has a desktop version.

I wonder how long the operators will continue to allow these type of apps to exist. I guess they might think that they will be losing out on ad revenue from the website and text revenue from standard phone texts. Well it might take them a while to figure it all out...hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

hi mate. sorry if this is a stupid question. are you releasing the free version of this through installer or cydilla?

afraid not, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭janmc

Hi Vinny, would update to Eirtext Pro, but unfortunately can't get Eirtext to work... everything seems to work ok, but no texts actually ever make it to their destination.

Just to confirm - my password should be the same as my login to O2.ie web texts right?

The only other thing I can think that could cause a problem is that I have an 087 number.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

janmc wrote: »
    Hi Vinny, would update to Eirtext Pro, but unfortunately can't get Eirtext to work... everything seems to work ok, but no texts actually ever make it to their destination.

Just to confirm - my password should be the same as my login to O2.ie web texts right?

The only other thing I can think that could cause a problem is that I have an 087 number.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

The 087 number shouldn't affect it. Re-type your o2.ie password just to make sure it's spelled correctly. Test it out first on WiFi and make sure you can log in to the O2 website using Safari too. If that doesn't help, remove the app and use iTunes to re-install it.

You can email any other questions to me: eirtext@gmail.com :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement