Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riding in Marlay Park? & MTBs in Phoenix?

Options
  • 18-05-2008 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

Just a couple of q's. Saw some great looking trails when riding the roadie in Phoenix on Saturday and just wondered if MTB's are ridden or allowed there? (mine is back home, so it doesn't matter, but gee they looked tempting!)

Also was in Marlay Park today, what's the go there on bikes or any sort?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dowee

Bikes aren't really allowed in marlay on the paths, I'm not sure how strictly it is enforced these days (it was enforced when I was a kid) but to be honest you wouldn't really be able to cycle properly or safely around the paths as there is so many walkers and kids. There is a MTB track near the back car park & tennis courts. I don't think it is as good shape as it was when I was younger but I saw it being used last weekend while playing soccer beside it so it can't be that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

Ta. I think its the BMX track, saw signs to it. Yeah weekend too many others out and paths probably not that long...just saw tempting paths through the trees like at home...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

If you're at marley park you're at the foot of 3rock, why not head up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Mountainbiking isn't officially allowed in the Phoenix Park but plenty of people ride there - just be courteous to walkers and deer.

I wouldn't ride in Marlay park - it's too small and crowded.

As the poster above says - Three Rock is just a few minutes from Marlay and there's no shortage of trails up there.

If you want to be shown a few of them, check this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Isn't biking banned on Three Rock also? When I have my 4-year-old in her bike seat, I risk the paths in Marley on the way to the playground, but I make sure I stay well clear of any pedestrians.

I wouldn't risk it on my own.

• Advertisement

Isn't biking banned on Three Rock also?
    Yep, but its completely ignored and not enforced. Got a way from the guards last time I was cycling up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Yep, but its completely ignored and not enforced. Got a way from the guards last time I was cycling up there.
    Got away (as in hot pursuit) or got a wave?

Got a wave, don't know how I managed that typo :S

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭joemc99

We used to have tonnes of races in the park, cross, MTB, etc. But then they banned it. They said it was damaging the grass, 2 weeks later they had 160,000 drunk people at the Robby Williams concert, ohhh the Irony. Phoenix park is a good place to bring a kid with bike seat, loads of little smooth trails running around.

I live right beside Marley and bikes are not allowed, ridiculas. BMX track is there but its brutal.

Advertisement