Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computers are for Sissys ....

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

Neves don't have a dead sound. I don't know what you've used but a well looked after neve doesn't sound dead. I've used from the 80 series to the 88r and yes maintenance on them is a pain sometimes. But I can't hear a neve sounding dead!!!
    sei046 wrote: »
    You win this round! But personally I hate SSLs. Just dont like the Eq's on them. I think they are just glorified yamahas with a badge on them! Plus they look ridiculous. And actually Neve have a HORRIBLE sound. Very dead. I would take them new Onyx desks any day, nice pres and cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

dabhoys wrote: »
    I don't know what you've used but a well looked after neve doesn't sound dead.

Amen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

Don't get me wrong you can still get great results in the box etc and other consoles etc. I'm not saying its SSL or neve or nothing. I love API's too :) hehe

But you make the most of what you have....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

Ah lads im only winding you up! I was getting bored of this new "me and paul agreeing" thing and needed a bit of spice!

Speaking of yamahas im using an 01v for headphone mixes and foldback verb etc. I would mind replacing it. No direct outs is wrecking my buzz

Ah lads im only winding you up! I was getting bored of this new "me and paul agreeing" thing and needed a bit of spice!

Speaking of yamahas im using an 01v for headphone mixes and foldback verb etc. I would mind replacing it. No direct outs is wrecking my buzz

Boards is no place for Humour, Gawd Dammit!:(

• Advertisement

I apologise. It must have went straight to your 96Khz heart.

I apologise. It must have went straight to your 96Khz heart.

96? 96?? 192k Gawd dammit!

Does a salesman need that high a rate in their heart!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Does a salesman need that high a rate in their heart!?!?!

It's bit depth that their heart lacks.

Oh you laugh now!

• Advertisement

Ouch! I like it though. Poor Paul!

Advertisement