Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

corolla g6r/SR

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

slideways wrote: »
    http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/518331.htm
    Better be quick, after july they could be 2 grand a year to tax

The VRT will be at the top rate, but the road tax continues to be engine cc based.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I thought that if it was over 225g/km that you would be in the higher bracket for both. Everyone else would stay in the cc road tax?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭ramanujan

lol nice one, everybody coming in with all the advice! will have to get the go ahead in here before my next car purchase!

+1 for the guy that mentioned the zetec-s. they are definitley a cut above the normal fiesta. nice and sporty but not OTT. have you seen one in the flesh? imperial blue, doesnt look cheap to me anyway!

If not a 3 door focus might be a decent choice, would prefer the fiesta though.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,424 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

colm_mcm wrote: »
    there aren't any on Carzone, Unkel - unless he goes for a 5 door. I presume the OP wants a 3 door?

There are a few on carzone. But you've got a point. I didn't limit my search to 3-doors and most on offer are 5-door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭mailblaney

OP, I actually have a 99(pre face lift) 1.6 3dr corolla SR (red). love the car, nice interior, sunroof, all electics, air con, fast and really reliable, never had a problem with it. but i have to say, the price on autotrader was a bit of a rip off. i got mine for €3950 (75,000 miles) in jan 2007. try the local trader and newspapers. There's no doubt the SR model is difficult to get. I think the G6s are actually more readily available. mine was originally an english import. have a look for corollas in the north as well. Take your time!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Toon--soldier

The VRT will be at the top rate, but the road tax continues to be engine cc based.

How come?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

E92 wrote: »
    Some people will tell you that they're the greatest thing since sliced bread, and that you're not a "proper" car enthusiast until you've owned an Alfa.

I on the other hand like cars that have some hope of being reliable, not cars that as one Alfa enthusiast put it here before "require plenty of TLC". I just don't get what people see in Alfas I'm afraid, other than the fact that the cars look amazing of course!

Own a Focus and then own an Alfa, then come back to us! :D
    I do feel that the Focus is very over rated, having driven a number of them. 3 door face life 03 ones look OK, not a bad car, nice enough handling, 5 door is dreadful looking. I'd have the Fiesta Zetec-S if it had to be a Ford, or a 106 GTi.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

mate Im thinking that if you liked the corrola the focus wouldnt be up youre alley, am I right? seeing as you know what the french are like, would you be opposed to
    106 quiksilver?
    saxo vtr?
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Citroen/Saxo/1.4-VTR/975786/
    okay not the best example and but I just seen a mates car go for cheaper if you were looking for one

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

How come?:confused:

The VRT on imports after July is to be based on emissions. To my knowledge, On pre 2001 cars, an acceptable Certificate of Conformity with emissions wouldn't be available, so the car is VRT'd on the maximum rate,
    The road tax continues to be cc based, probably a measure to level the playing field and avoid complications down the line with having a 2 tier tax system.

That's my understanding of it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

The VRT on imports after July is to be based on emissions. To my knowledge, On pre 2001 cars, an acceptable Certificate of Conformity with emissions wouldn't be available, so the car is VRT'd on the maximum rate,
    The road tax continues to be cc based, probably a measure to level the playing field and avoid complications down the line with having a 2 tier tax system.

That's my understanding of it anyway.
    Yes but if it is post 01 and falls into the 225+ catergory i was under the impression they were hitting you with the 2k tax

• Advertisement
Advertisement