Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing plants from UK

Options
  • 18-05-2008 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi all
    We will be moving back to Ireland very soon :D after 25 years in the UK and have quite a few garden shrubs/small trees, all in pots that we've had for some time and would hate to leave behind. Does anybody know anything regarding the legalities of bringing these with us?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

The revenue might, but i would suspect thats its more form commercial activities, here is a link if your interest http://www.revenue.ie/pdf/02_01_CETI_06.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

This might be of help....

"I think the rough rule is that as long as long as you are travelling within the EU, you are carrying the plants for your own personal use, and that you believe them to be healthy (disease/pest free), then you will be allowed pass. But just to be sure and to have something to say if stopped, I would check with the countries local plant/agriculture authority to clarify your case."

An extract from the Irishgardeners.com topic Seed and Plant Swapping over the Ocean.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭shaft666

Many thanks to you both for your help

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Just for info - I was stopped at customs in Rosslare last week with a few plants in the back of the car - they let me through but the Customs guy said that any plants coming into the country 'should' be bare rooted....

Cant see them causing probs with a few plants though

Advertisement