Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SGA Season 5 Jully 11 Premiere

• 18-05-2008 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

Sci-fi channel has confirmed season 5 of Stargate Atlantis will premiere on July 11 in the US.

Schedule

Even though the Season 4 finale was pretty sh*t, cant wait:D

EDIT: you gotta search for 'atlantis' on that link and it comes up with the list of dates

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Bring back SG1 ! But SGA will do for now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

random wrote: »
    Bring back SG1 ! But SGA will do for now :)

sg1 ran it's course. by the end it was dodgy and everyone bitched about the lack of richard dean anderson, but the guy's up on 60. Having Ba'al around was the only reason i bothered my arse watching

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Any word on when Sky will start showing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Any word on when Sky will start showing it?

Haven't you heard of t'internet ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Holy ****.
    According to what I read on Gateworld, Jason Momoa cut of his dreads.
    So the production crew spent $10,000 on a wig for him to wear for the season.

Can you ****ing believe that?
    No wonder SG-1 wasn't making any money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Aye read that, quite interesting stuff really. I was hoping he'd get rid of the dreads at some stage, then maybe someone can give Sheppard a hair cut that doesn't look like someone attacked him with a pair of sheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Obligatory wh00t!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

Holy ****.

Can't really blame him. After all they were giving him headaches and such. I wonder if they used his original hair for the wig....:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

iUseVi wrote: »
    Can't really blame him. After all they were giving him headaches and such. I wonder if they used his original hair for the wig....:D:D
    Does that mean he'll be able to start acting this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

YAY cant wait for new episodes! And back to a summer start.

• Advertisement

You're missing the point.....they spent ten grand on a wig.

On a ****ing wig!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You have to ask what else the show has spent ten grand on though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Overheal wrote: »
    You have to ask what else the show has spent ten grand on though.

I'd say ALOT, all the special effects, space battles etc cost a mint. And the larger props, like puddle jumpers would be that expensive.

But how can they justify that!?!
    At a time when sci fi is under serious scrutiny for it's cost and good shows are constantly getting scrapped....they can just piss away ten grand on a ****ing wig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭DenMan

WTF... Why would he cut his dreads when they were going to undertake another long production shoot. Dude are you sure? He is a very spiritual man and I read that he grew his hair long for the older he gets. Like the Native American Elders do when they undertake long vision quests. I like Atlantis, hope they bring Elizabeth back.

He cut it because it was giving him major strains, especially doing all the shows stunts. That much hair is heavy.

Scrutiny for Sci Fi costs? Ding Song, wakeup. Sci Fi has always been expensive.

I never said it wasn't expensive, but nowadays you have reality tv shows that pull ten times the ratings for one tenth of the cost.
    So yeah, the genre is now under more scrutiny than it ever was and this is why you see less and less sci fi shows and movies like Stargate, Trek, Wars whatever,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

But how can they justify that!?!
    At a time when sci fi is under serious scrutiny for it's cost and good shows are constantly getting scrapped....they can just piss away ten grand on a ****ing wig.
    maybe the writers should have done an episode on his hair, perhaps some sort of wraith virus that only effects setedans made him shed all of it, or he was in some epic battle it got shot off by a replicator energy beam that shortens hair somehow..... :cool:

:D:D:D

He needs those threads to look buff though. else he just looks like another lanky ****er.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭*melanie*

Holy ****.

aaargh!! no fair!those dreads were proper cool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

Holy ****.

I don't know why that's such a problem...In the latter period of SG-1, Teal'c was always experimenting with his hair...

I can't believe it's back so early...at least something will fill the viod of the summer months on the TV...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

It wasn't a wig, Jason cut off his dreads, but he said at a convention they reattached them for the first few eps of season five. He said it was like four days of painful tattooing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I'm getting worried here.

Most of the posts in the thread discussing the cost of a wig, ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

A $10,000 dollar wig?

I say we kill it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 philliecullen

From what I understand, the line is now that he will wear the wig for the entire season. It was originally thought that he would wear it for the first few episodes and work it into the story that it is cut.
    Seems like they have changed their mind.

Sky One will be showing it in August, along with Continuum. So fans on this side don't have as long to wait. I honestly thought we'd still be waiting till late September/early October to it.

I'm really looking forward to Season Five. Season Four was hit and miss. It had great episodes, but some very ordinary episodes. I'm really interesting to see how Woosley fits in. I know that decision is getting a lot of flak but, he should bring tension and conflict within Atlantis. That's something we haven't seen before.
    Carter didn't bring that, although a single season, one she wasn't in for the entirety, it was hard to work tension with others. There were moments with Weir, but nothing like what could be expected with Woosley.
    It was such a shame we didn't get a proper McKay-Carter interchange during Season Four.

Advertisement