Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday Homes Getaway with family - Kilkee or Lahinch?

• 19-05-2008 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if i could get some local help... i was looking to book a holiday homes getaway through the supervalu tokens at the moment with the wife and kids for this july/august and found some holiday homes...

just wondering if i should be looking at Kilkee or lahinch?

Ive narrowed it down to those two as they look to have nice beaches and local attractions for the kids etc. and we will be driving around for the most part of the week from our base in either of those two towns to the other attractions around Clare.

Any ideas on which would be better to book?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Limerick people traditionally tend to favour Kilkee, while Ennis people prefer Lahinch.

From a purely beach point of view Kilkee is much nicer. The sea front is alot more attractive. You've got lots of sand whatever the tide (in Lahinch it's rocks and boulders for alot of the day). There are lots of rocks to go wandering around with sealife in them to poke at. There's also a pool in the rocks that fills with water and depending on luck with the tides and the weather you get a fantastic warm pool in the rocks to lounge about in.

Lahinch has its positives. The nightlife is excellent. Surfings huge there and there are often tons of kids getting lessons. You're close to alot of the attractions kids like. I'd highly recommend Doolin Cave. Went to it last summer and it's mad. 2nd biggest stallictite in the world. Was much cheaper than the gimmicky Ailwee caves too. Cliffs of Moher are right nearby. Miltown Malbay for trad music, good food over there too. The fact that the beach isn't as nice is offset by Spanish Point being a 10 minute drive away. Nice big waves, very unspoilt beach, and a big rocky outcrop going off into the sea that you can dive off of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

excellent... thanks for the info!

Advertisement