Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Tournie IV @ the Lantern Harolds X

• 19-05-2008 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

boards.ie
    DARTS TOURNIE IV

The Lantern

Harolds Cross
    (opp. Harolds Cross Hospise)

Sat. 31st May 2008
    Entry 10 euro on the day

Sign in before 1pm. To the oche @ 2pm.

All levels welcome.
    ]Contact Philip on 0863016810

post your entrie online, so whos up for it.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

If I'm around that weekend I'll play.

Oh and cheers for organising it mate, top stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 phil'ios

Kingp35 wrote: »
    If I'm around that weekend I'll play.

Oh and cheers for organising it mate, top stuff.

ok but i can barely chalk a board ( the fraze piss up in brewery comes to mind) so any suggestion welcomed and if you have done somethin like this before i would like told how it's suppose to be done. i'll be talkin to a guy on tues who organises a bit around the city so i'll see wat he thinks maybe he can help get a few numbers and dates and i don't want to conflict with other compitions.
    happy darting:) phil'ios

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

For some reason may 31st is popping up as something i have already committed to........but hey put me down for it anyway.

Re organising.........nothing to it really.......i'll bring a few draw sheets........all ya do is take the guys names who want to play.......TAKE THERE ENTRY FEE ASWELL........do a draw.......an away ya go........most people do be very grateful to who ever runs it so if ya need help most lads will chip in.

Depending on numbers........usually 1st round best of 3 at 501, up till semi's maybe best of 5 and finals best of 7.

Here is the knockout sheet (when the password thing comes up just press cancel as you only need read only for printing) btw you need excel:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I'm there Dude !!

Good man Phil ....excellent choice of location.

http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/thelantern.html

Is this pub beside the Dog Track? i'll stick it up on the google maps thingy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Philmonster

Howdy Phil,

this is other Phil - met you with Tommy in the Lantern there drunkenly

looking forward to Saturday - yaroo!!

Howdy Phil,

this is other Phil - met you with Tommy in the Lantern there drunkenly

looking forward to Saturday - yaroo!!

What's that comin' over the hill.......is it a........ ??

I let Francis know about this as well. We'll see if he is able to function on a Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Afraid I wont make this one, im away in Holland that weekend.

Afraid I wont make this one, im away in Holland that weekend.

Bring us all back something and you will be forgiven !!

Sorry lads wont be able to make this.........i have the 2 gary's exhibition on the friday night..........i hope i am dying with a hangover:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 I'm no legend

Yep, I'll be there also... although this is going to be like 10th time I'm going to play darts:)

Hey there Legend, I like it when people downplay things, Mr. Mule, this is the legend whose wedding Misha and myself were at recently and you know never to trust those quiet folk !!
    Also, Mr. Daly may attend if his better half is working Tournament weekend.

Hey there Legend, I like it when people downplay things, Mr. Mule, this is the legend whose wedding Misha and myself were at recently and you know never to trust those quiet folk !!
    Also, Mr. Daly may attend if his better half is working Tournament weekend.

I'll let my Mrs. know that I won't be accessible all weekend if that is that case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

I'll try to make it but the wife is working so I'll have to butter up the mum in law or I could ask he to mind the kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭adhoc

anybody interested in playing a frendley match against us our leauge finished lookin for desent frendly weare in lucan

i forgot to mention we where thinking if we get the numbers we could have a good game of 'killers' or something for those who lost in the first rounds and do it for the the hospice. do like a two euro a head and we'll have a bucket goin round.
    the owners told a few of there publican freinds and said theres a bit of a buzz goin around coz the season is over and the cupmatches are on so that sounds promising.
    the lads in the lantern always did things for the hospice, so i thought we could give something back for them letting us have the comp on the premise.:oicon13.gif phil'ios.

How did the tournie go

it's not till next weekend mate.

phil'ios wrote: »
    it's not till next weekend mate.

My bad:D
    Are there many confirmed for this 1 only 10 showed up to the last 1

Rebel021 wrote: »
    My bad:D
    Are there many confirmed for this 1 only 10 showed up to the last 1

I can confirm for myself and at least two others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭passinginterest

Looking increasingly likely that I'll be there too. I'll have to try get a bit of practice in.

In addition to the Mule's 3, I can vouch for another 2 or 3 attendees and a couple of th boys I met in the bar reckon they might be coming down aswell so the numbers are looking good -

Phil - First round losers go into a game of killers or highest throw - brilliant idea ! :D:D

In addition to the Mule's 3, I can vouch for another 2 or 3 attendees and a couple of th boys I met in the bar reckon they might be coming down aswell so the numbers are looking good -

Phil - First round losers go into a game of killers or highest throw - brilliant idea ! :D:D

Funny .....I was counting your two or three into my two or three.

Looks like we can guarentee two or three between us !!!

Tommy boy - Michal, me & you, francis -? no Peter, my mate andrew and possibly stu, two lads from the bar - stephen and alan, also jim + 1 possibly also - i'm an optimist !!

Tommy boy - Michal, me & you, francis -? no Peter, my mate andrew and possibly stu, two lads from the bar - stephen and alan, also jim + 1 possibly also - i'm an optimist !!

Murphy was an optimist.

You can put Murphy to shame my friend !!

Cool, so we should have fairly decent numbers then.

Should be a fun day out all around.

How did it go

How did it go

not good I take it:D

not good I take it:D

It went well. Kudos to Phil for setting everything up.

Eugene and Euguene jr. were in the Finals, With Eugene coming out on top.

It was the perfect place to hold a dart tourney on a day like last Saturday. Most of the 'down time' was spent out in the beer garden/smoking section enjoying the nicest day of the year.

There was a variety of girlfriends/dart widows who came out to see the event as well.

I wouldn't mind a few more days/tourneys like last Saturday.

Advertisement