Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band- Will you buy it??

Options
  • 19-05-2008 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭

Assuming that the 23rd May release for the UK does include Ireland, and that the price stays at €240, how many boardees are going to buy it?

I'm still not sure- €240 is a phenomenal amount of money to spend on one game, a game with peripherals which aren't exactly reported as being reliable.

Just wondering what you guys will do come Friday??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I wont pay €240 for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Not when i can play it for free in work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

Requires Rock Band game - sold separately

there's a problem methinks :D

ahh ok .. late :-S

So im lookng at 200 on play

• Advertisement

I'm not gonna lie, but its really not worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Never, ridiculous price for a game no matter how good it or it's peripherals are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Yes, I will. But not for €240.

€60 for my drums.
    €50-60 for the game.

€120 total.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Same here.... any idea if the peripherals will be available individually at launch, or will we have to wait a few months like the Americans did?

In the US, the game came out in November, peripherals in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

smog wrote: »

Have play changed their policy on shipping electronic equipment??

Wont buy this, its way over priced. Might have bought it if it was cheaper but definitely not now.

• Advertisement

Just as I posted my last post, Mr.posty arrived! :p

rbdrumsmi9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yo mother ****er. So jealous!! lol
    Yeah if you can get the drums seperately I'll be going for that, but 240 quid for one game. No ****ing way!!
    In all fairness I bet the stand alone peripherals wont be launched for months. They know well people are gonna shell out for it and only realsing the bundle at the start will fill their already bloated coffers. dickheads all round they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

have played the rock band conversion songs on frets on fire and have to say thought they were much better than guitar hero.Will definately buy it, looks like great fun.Think can use the guitarhero 3 guitar with it and the wireless mic too, so if any one was to get it I'd suggest just the game and the drums are gonna be sold seperately soon.

Stand alone stuff is been released same day - 23rd May

Ah brilliant. thats good to hear. Yeh I have the GH3 controller and my headset so all I need is the drums then.
    Have;nt heard much about it but is there still an issue with needing to pay a small fee to unlock GH3 guitar compatability with RB.

Asmodean wrote: »
    is there still an issue with needing to pay a small fee to unlock GH3 guitar compatability with RB.

Nope. Never was an issue, not sure where ya got that one from :pac:.

The issue with compatibility was for the PS3 where the GH3 guitar won't work with Rock Band and in order for it to work Activision wanted to charge EA for the privilege.

Ah right! Yeh thats what I was talking about. Didn't know it was a ps3 problem. cheers for clearing that up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Not long now before it hits retail :)
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭jasonbourme.cs

have it already got it about 3 months ago imported from the states , worked out as 200 euro total with 3 day priority shipping , its the business !!

have barely been near GH since and rock band has now replaced GH as the standard for drunken gaming sessions :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

Have it a while, imported as well. Awesome game, would recommend it for those of you who have friends around regularly, if your more of a solo player it can get a little boring, as GH did for me. Although for anyone who can sing, try a voxtar band world tour!

• Advertisement

Anyone getting their DLC a little early tonight? :)

Got some Metallica and NIN, along with a select few others in anticipation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

prebooked it today with the drums

i have guitar hero for the guitar, but it also frees me up at some later stage should i wish to get it down the line for rb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Helix wrote: »
    prebooked it today with the drums

i have guitar hero for the guitar, but it also frees me up at some later stage should i wish to get it down the line for rb

Hold on,was this online or are shops selling the individual instruments?

shops

you can buy whatever you want like

Helix wrote: »
    shops

you can buy whatever you want like

Sweet! How much are the drums?

it was 150 altogether for the drums and the game, so maybe 80?

Thanks alot for that helix,thats €90 less for me :)

no bother squire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Probably should have checked bac sooner..... Looks like its going to go either way..... I for one will be buying the whole lot, my gh3 guitar is a little dodgy so i dont trust it- what is the best retail price that has been found??

• Advertisement

whats the rough price for everything? i may get the guitar too

the mic is no use to me coz im tone deaf, but if the guitars only another 60 quid, why the hell not

Advertisement